Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Holiday Decorations
nczinnia
November 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I'm looking for holiday decorating ideas. I was thinking a big, spotlit wreath above garage. What else? First year here, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do. Thanks in advance!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Terry Aley Art and Design
I think the wreath over the garage door is an excellent idea. Possibly suspend something in the curved entryway, like a lit star. (Would need to be secured on the top, left, and right sides) As long as it's not cheap and tacky, it would probably look nice. Lights over to the shrubbery. I personally only like when the lights are one color. Or vintage looking multi-colored larger bulbs. I really don't like anything that has to be inflated, I don't know why giant balloon Santas and snowmen ever caught on. I'm not saying you would ever put a parade float in your front lawn, I'm just getting that off my shoulder.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 4:40PM
PRO
builper.com
We offer Colored LED rope lights at factory prices.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 4:44PM
michmc
A Moravian star hanging in the entry. Fairy lights on the tree to the right.
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 5:13PM
nczinnia
Love the idea of a star! Thank you. Terry, I'm right with you on the lights and inflatables. I love the warm glow of white lights. The LED ones seem to have cooler color, but maybe some are warmer white? Thanks, again!
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 5:41PM
mellybelly27
You should but some Christmas lights going up and all the way around the area of the door.(:
1 Like   November 18, 2012 at 5:46PM
PRO
EnvironmentalLights.com
We offer warm white LED Christmas lights. You could do icicle lights on the roofline to accent those areas too.

Warm White: http://www.environmentallights.com/christmas/warmwhite.html

Icicles: http://www.environmentallights.com/led-christmas-lights/led-icicle-strings-and-lights.html
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 3:53PM
Leslie Haney
LED lights framing the house on the eves. Huge draping swag or round wreath over the garage with lights (please)Possibly even both?. Net lights over the bushes. I too prefer one color, but you could certainly get away with multi colored lights with the colors on your home. I love the idea of draping string lights on the tree. Twist around the base of the tree then lift them up and drape to catch the upper limbs. Would really balance the house lighting at night. Do post follow up pics! I'm sure you'll be so pleased with the results of whatever you try out. Good luck
1 Like   November 19, 2012 at 4:14PM