powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with what to do with my great room wall!
kjwlandry
November 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am looking for some help with my great room wall. It's 18ft long by 9ft tall, we moved in our house over 2 years ago and have not made any progress on what to do with this space. I need the tv and speakers but as for the rest I am flexible. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Monique Jacqueline Design
Hello!
I think that all the furniture needs to be pulled together. I also think that the two rectangular pieces need to be moved to the left wall. I think that their size would be more balanced to that wall space. What do you think about flanking the television with two or three rows of glass shelves? Get a longer piece of furniture for under the television and make it feel as though it is an entertainment center. Something along the lines of the Ethan Allen piece.
http://www.ethanallen.com/product?productId=5971735&categoryId=8002

Cheers!
m.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 7:52PM
standinginline
A few things I could see added...the chair to the left feels lonely and purposeless...why not make that a reading corner of sorts? Maybe a low profile glass cabinet under the tv for books or floating corner shelves for a small number of favorite books. A small table on the side of the chair by the wall with a small reading lamp will cozy up the space--no need for the floor lamp with up-lighting when you already have the recessed lights.

The couch console doesnt seem to be used for anything right now? I see some toys in the room too I think... Why not get shelving there instead with cubbies to put in baskets there for toys.
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 7:54PM
Mary Wakefield
Have you thought about built in cabinets/shelving? The cabinets would be great for storage and the shelving for family photos, momentos, books, etc. Good luck :)
0 Likes   November 18, 2012 at 8:06PM