Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What to hang on dining area wall?
mrse28
November 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Is it ok to hang white frames on this gray wall? I have some white frames from Ikea. Most of my furniture is white wood except for this dining area. our place is open-concept. I'm also open to other ideas. Thanks in advance!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Terry Aley Art and Design
White would probably look great as a frame. That's actually a pretty nice place for a cool piece of artwork (or more). And you've got some good lighting there to highlight your art.
November 18, 2012 at 11:17PM     
Venkat Venky
put there a wallpaper ya crockery unit
November 19, 2012 at 1:51AM   
feliciadana
I prefer frame with the same color as yr table. You may put one big one or 2 smaller one.
November 19, 2012 at 2:06AM     
jubilet
A frame in the Houzz logo colors (or shape) would look great on that wall.
November 19, 2012 at 2:28AM     
charleee
I think it would be fine, but perhaps you could install a wall decal as a background for the frames? [houzz=
]
November 19, 2012 at 2:57AM     
mrse28
Thanks to everyone who responded. Here are the frames I wish to add. Tried to arrange it several time last night. My husband thinks it looks kind of cluttered. So I included the last photo of frames arranged neatly and the same size (in white, of course). Which do you think is better?
November 19, 2012 at 11:09AM   
Chanelle Neilson
I don't think it looks cluttered- the one on the right looks clean and organized.
November 19, 2012 at 11:15AM     
PRO
Terry Aley Art and Design
Option 1 does look cluttered. Option 2 looks great! Esp. the two upper middle frames with the "&" sign. Very creative.
November 19, 2012 at 11:15AM   
mpoulsom
I like #1 arrangement or #3!
November 19, 2012 at 11:21AM     
Judy M
I vote # 3
November 19, 2012 at 11:32AM     
orangecamera
I like #2, but think one very large piece would be better.

You could take all the images out of their frames, lay them out how you like, and take a good photograph of the entire thing. Have that photo enlarged to poster size or larger, and frame that ONE piece on your wall.

You could do a white mat (or no mat) and a thin green frame to match your chairs, if you want to tie it all together.
November 19, 2012 at 11:34AM     
Geetha Bhat
I like option 2,option 1 would be my 2nd choice.# 3 is just kind of boring..
November 19, 2012 at 11:34AM     
mrse28
If I choose #3 (last photo) I was thinking of getting the RIBBA frames from IKEA use it like this - http://www.younghouselove.com/2011/03/five-dolla-art/
Possibly use my intagram photos =)
November 19, 2012 at 11:36AM   
lefty47
HI -- I would not have hanging frames on that wall . They will just be bumped into all the time. I would hang a graphic wallpaper or a blow up photo wall .
November 19, 2012 at 11:48AM   
decoenthusiaste
I vote for a fab stencil of green like your chair, then change one of your spots for a glam chandy!
November 19, 2012 at 11:49AM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.