Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Colors for landing
nly04
November 19, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We have enlarged our upstairs landing to create a gameroom/lounge area for our kids. I would like an accent wall preferably a dark blue. We are planning to mount our kids' red jersies on this wall. The other walls will need to be a neutral color since one will be able to be see some of the walls from the downstairs den. We have yet to pick a color for the den but it will be one that compliments Benjamin Moore's Rosemary Sprigs which is in our kitchen. The den is currently painted a pumpkin color which we like but we may have to change it if it does not compliment our den furniture. Please our pictues below. All suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inkwitch
If this construction is a continuation of your den, carrying the wall color up to it would make it flow with the design rather than appear an added "stuck on" space. The pumpkin color will work with navy. Pumpkin is a hard color to match furniture to, so my point is continue into this space with whatever color you use in the den.
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 5:42PM
nly04
Thank you. I never really thought about it much until I read your post.. The pumpkin is carried from the den, up the stairs, and down the hall. It was also in the landing area too until it went under construction. So, I guess I could do the same with a new color. It probably would also be more pleasing to the eye if one sees the same color in the stairway from the den. I was just thinking that we would make this area different from the rest of the living space downstairs.
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 5:52PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Golly, you've totally confused me because I see no picture of the furniture with which the color must go.
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 5:53PM
nly04
I know. I have a designer but she has been on vacation since last week. I have already seen another professional decorator and a person who decorates for a hobby since she was unavailable. If the painters were not waiting on paint colors, I would wait for her to return. Anyway, Houzz has helped me in the past so I think I will fair better with it than seeking the advice from another designer.

You do not see any furniture because we have not purchased any for the downstairs den. The previous owner painted the den, the upstairs landing, stairway and upstairs hallway the pumpkin color you see. We like the pumpkin color because it compliments our kitchen which we painted Rosemary Sprigs. See the additional pictures of our den, breakfast area and kitchen.
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 6:22PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Your Rosemary Sprig looks like it could stand up to a navy blue accent wall. Why not put it in the new game room?
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 6:54PM
lefty47
HI -- I really like the pumpkin color , I think you should refresh that same color and have a very dark navy as the color on your display accent wall . I don't think it's hard to find furniture to go with the pumpkin color , Soft greens and navy/dark blues , golds , creams,chocolate browns and cinnimon leathers and woods go nicely
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 5:44AM
nly04
I think we have settled on the colors for the gameroom area. I found a color swatch at the local Sherwin Williams Store with Toasted Pine Nut - SW 7696 for the majority of the walls and Indigo Batik - SW 7602 for the accent wall. I'll post picturs once they are finished. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 2:42PM
More Discussions
Need help with kitchen upgrade
We put in this kitchen in 10 yrs ago thinking we would...
front door, shutter and trim
any suggestions on front door color with coordinating...
Grey kitchen cabinets and molding dilemma
We are re doing our kitchen. Found awesome grey cabinets...
Downtown Condo, 708 Sf, need inspiration for such small rooms
The bedrooms are 9x9 and 8x10, and I'm having trouble...
Fireplace decor
Looking for design ideas for above and on the fireplace....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.