powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Hi! Just bought this headboard. Need ideas for night stands and a dresser. Would like to mix and match. Modern
jen_fashion
November 19, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need help to finish bedroom. Would like to mix and match. Modern with vintage or antique. Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
Here is a room to inspire you: Janell Beals. Great bedding in a soft blue-green. You wouldn't be able to do the artwork, since you have a high camelback headborad. The table lamps add a bit of contemporary accent.

Barrel bed tables and sconces would look nice: Lakefront Residence.
November 19, 2012 at 10:16AM   
lefty47
HI -- Nice headboard and bedding . Maybe put a nice red throw across the foot of the bed to go with your pillows. Check the auction houses or flea markets and estate sales. Or find some vintage furniture shops . Know how much room you have on each side of the bed. Some new furniture lines have vintage and antique looking styles. The bedside tables can be differant styles but they should be close to same color . Your dresser can be altogether differant - Maybe a deco or asian or mid century piece. You could paint the side tables I see in your photo - maybe like that blue/teal or glossy red that is in your pillows. Check out Johnatan Adlers website for ideas , he has furniture that would look great in your room , kind of vintage / modern in style .
November 19, 2012 at 10:34AM     
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
I would love to see those night tables painted in a high gloss red. You could rub some charcoal into the details to add depth. You might even like them enough to keep them.
November 19, 2012 at 10:55AM   
nevadan
Carry out your curvy theme with round night tables. White marble tops are best. Buy lamps that are no highter than the lowest point on the headboard. Higher will look odd.
November 19, 2012 at 12:07PM     
mpoulsom
Judith Taylor almost had what I had in mind, but instead of red, I wanted you to paint them the turquoise color in the middle of the flower you have in your pillows!
November 19, 2012 at 12:17PM   
pcmom1
How about a round table for the "she" side and a more masculine chest for the "he" side? Mixing up works as long as the height is the same. That way matching lamps can also be used to pull it together.

I adjusted for a slight variation in height by placing one lamp on top of a large heavy book. (Or do wall mounted sconces.)
November 19, 2012 at 1:06PM   
jen_fashion
Thank you everyone for the wonderful advice. So Judith you think I can paint the night stands I currently have?
November 19, 2012 at 7:01PM   
Anita
Love the pillows and headboard!
I think working with what you already have is great. If your looking for a vintage/antique vibe, paint your current night stands the colour of your choice and sand it back a little!
Vintage suitcases also make great nightstands!
November 19, 2012 at 7:09PM   
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
You should be able to. Talk with your local Benjamin Moore store to be clear on how the 'prep' them so the paint will adhere well. Here's a good discussion from Sharon Grech, our local "queen of all things painted": http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/for-your-home/paint-your-furniture
November 20, 2012 at 4:19AM   
PRO
Warner Decor
I think you need a throw at the end of the bed. here is a suggestion:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/12/fringed-cotton-throw-turquoise/
February 21, 2014 at 2:31PM   
mpoulsom
Warner Decor, this post is from November 2012...fyi. There are a lot of older posts that pop up on houzz these days. ???????????? Not sure why they are not deleted after a certain time.
February 22, 2014 at 5:32AM   
pcmom1
Yes, houzz???
February 22, 2014 at 1:30PM   
bubbasgma
Warner is pulling up many of these very, very old dead dilemmas. She only posts recommendations for purchases at deciture.com. Whom I assume she must work for!

Absolutely maddening, isn't it?!
February 22, 2014 at 2:18PM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.