Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Window Treatments
slabickim
November 19, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am having some difficulty in selecting window treatments style and color for my windows. I've uploaded a picture of kitchen/bath windows. Any suggestions would be appreciated -- Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Beautiful home. For the bath, I would look into one of the fabric shades that can be raised and lowered by remote so that it is easy to do (don't have to climb in and out of the tub) and would not block the beautiful window except when necessary. In the kitchen, i would use a very minimal type roman shade in a neutral that picks up your colors. Something simple such as this.
[houzz=
]
0 Likes   November 19, 2012 at 8:17PM
slabickim
Thank you Deborah.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 3:12AM
michigammemom
What a tasteful kitchen and pretty rock garden view! I agree with Brickwood Builders that a tailored Roman shade would suit your kitchen. However, I like the idea of introducing some color into your neutral room.The red shade in this inspiration photo is a real standout.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 3:38AM
PRO
Homestead Window Treatments
Take a look at the Hunter Douglas Pirouette. I think it would look really nice on the windows. You have a very nice view so you should get a window treatment that looks nice, has variable light control, privacy, and allows you to see your view. The 5 inch folds will provide more view when open then other window treatments out there.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 8:48AM
Briana DeGruttola
For the bath:
Depends of your needs. Do you need privacy? Do you need to keep light out a little or a lot? Fabric shades are pretty, but you'll have to find a fabric where the moisture doesn't make it sag. A LOT of fabrics will sag, ESPECIALLY if your window is long, in a high-moisture area (like a bathroom.) I'd go w/ the HD Pirouettes, they are made w/ fabric that is moisture-resistant. You'll be able to have them down to soften light but still allow it to come through, or close them for privacy. If you still want the softness/color/pattern fabric shades can offer, consider fixed valances that cover the functioning shades. (By fixed I mean non-functioning).
For the Kitchen:
Depends on your needs again. Lots of sun that comes through? Do you need privacy? I would again go w/ valances or roman shades; both can be either fixed or functioning.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 8:58AM
slabickim
I have tentatively decided to go with a spruce tailored roman shade for the kitchen, I think it draws nicely off of the base cabinets which are silver/spruce. Would anyone be kind enough to offer a suggestion for the living room (color/style), which is across the open kitchen. Attached is an image of a section of the living room doors/windows.
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 7:57PM
Sunday
Too beautiful to cover
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 8:33PM
slabickim
Ideally, thank you for the compliment!
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 8:46PM
Christine
Restoration hardware is showcasing linen roman shades. A natural l
Whit linen for the bath and a natural linen for the kitchen. Or go bare in the kitchen.
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 9:09PM
More Discussions
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Baby to big girl room! Help!
Hello! I am looking to update my little girls room...
TV is on a side wall, help!
What can I do with this mess, everything I find are...
Need help with sunroom space
Currently our sunroom is being used as a child's space...
Powder & 1st floor Bathroom
What should I do with my 2 angled mirrors and 2 1/2...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.