powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Is revere pewter more of a grey of kacki color?
champ221
November 20, 2012 in Photo Questions
We just bought a house with a grey/red granite in the kitchen and I wanted to use this color throughout the house on the running walls and in the family room and dining/living room since it is a pretty open floor plan. By looking at the BM swatch it looks very kacki but here is looks very grey. Please let me know what your thoughts. This room is absolutely stunning!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Michael Abrams Limited
Like all colors it changes depending what surrounds it and the lighting in the room. I think it is a very neutral gray. I would suggest trying a few samples on different walls before making the commitment. Best of luck!
November 20, 2012 at 5:50pm     
triciaptak
I am not a designer, but after the past week I fancy myself an expert on grays. I wish someone had told me this to begin with, so here it is for you: there is no "true gray" and picking a color from a photo online will not work, sorry. Take it from someone who tried and tried and tried again (maybe I'm slow)...
With gray you have undertones: purple, blue or green. There are also "greiges" - gray/beige hybrids. Don't forget to include these in your sample testing as well as off-white colors with gray tints. You MUST get a sample of one shade of each and paint them directly on the walls you want to paint in different areas. Wait a day so you can view the samples morning, midday and evening in natural and artificial light. The changing light is so important, as well as the trim, flooring, furniture, neighboring wall colors, etc.
Here is a good example. Look at the color card with Benjamin Moore's London Fog (1541). Brown, right? In my home it read true gray and I absolutely love it. Will it read the same in your home? Probably not! Trial and error are necessary, but the payoff will be great once you get it right! Good luck.
November 21, 2012 at 7:39am     
champ221
Thank you both very much! I am definetly going to try this color out on a few walls first to see how the color matches up with the granite.
November 26, 2012 at 3:13pm   
sheedyisabel
Revere Pewter is a warm gray that will not go blue on you. I have it in my home and love it. It is calm and comfortable. Stay creamy white on the trim to not get too much contrast.
December 9, 2012 at 10:35pm     
PRO
Sandra Alger, CID, Fresh Ideas by Sandy
Revere Pewter is a very neutral Gray, pair it with Super White Trim and it gives a very contemporary look... No Blue at all.
December 11, 2012 at 5:45pm     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.