Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Great room colors
Mary Eaton
November 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have orange leather furniture and golden yellow walls. I would like suggestions for color to compliment. I am willing to replace my orange and golden drapes and replace all wall items.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mpoulsom
Do you have 2 chairs and one couch/loveseat? Can't tell from the angle.
But I would probably keeps the chairs, (if you have 2) and get a new couch. Paint the brick fireplace or cover it with a different material, and replace brass. Put one large piece of artwork or mirror above fireplace. You can hang the ones you have now, on a wall in there. An area rug would be nice as well. I would rearrange the furnitiure, but need to know what the pieces are exactly first.
If you like plaid...do a very large patterned plaid in your drapes....you can go with grays or blues or green I think with what you have now. What is your favorite color?
November 20, 2012 at 11:45AM   
November 20, 2012 at 11:50AM   
mpoulsom
If you got an area rug a pattern, then you could just textured solid curtains and raise them from ceiling to floor.
November 20, 2012 at 11:52AM   
creeser
Looking through houzz, I see a lot of furniture this color paired with white walls and some chrome accents. What about white walls and some pale gray, but very substantial fabric for the window treatments? Then put in some chrome or mirrored pieces like the coffee table in the second photo.
[houzz=Inviting Family Room]
[houzz=1190 Royal York]
November 20, 2012 at 11:56AM   
mpoulsom
A whole other look would be to paint your walls dark brown and add teal and khaki colored accents in the room....just brainstorming! This would be a dramatic change however....
November 20, 2012 at 12:00PM   
PRO
Dytecture
Here is an example with a modern feel working with the orange sofa.

November 20, 2012 at 12:00PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.