Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
need help on door knob/handles in kitchen
murrayml
November 20, 2012 in Design Dilemma
need help on deciding on hardward (knobs/pull handles) in kichen on cabinets/drawers. Confused if I should go knobs on upper cabinets, and pulls on drawers and lower cabinets, or just all knobs, etc.. circular knobs vs. retangular or square.... I need help. I do want stainletss steel.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
murrayml
PS. Sorry the pics are not so good. construction guys have all this tile laying on in cabs/on counter... The counter top is Cesearstone Atlantic Salt.
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 9:31PM
timglidden
i am at the exact same point in my renovation......its a touch choice!!
I am very jealous of the cabinets and wish i went two tone instead of all espresso

looks great!

Side note - i cant tell are the floors finished if not what color are you staining?
0 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 11:35PM
charleee
Your cabinets are beautiful and already have many lines to them. I would go with round knobs all the way around, but not just a "builders pack" of knobs. Perhaps you could make two of them a bit special?
[houzz=Q.M.I. KB-41-SN Rope Back Plate Knob, Satin Nickel]
[houzz=Lew's Hardware Mushroom Cabinet Knob Transparent Clear/Chrome]
[houzz=White Ceramic Cabinet Knob with Blue Flowers]
2 Likes   November 21, 2012 at 4:01AM
Shawn Lagemann
You have beautiful cabinets. I love the pix that olldbob has for you and round knobs would be beautiful on the cabinet doors and a nice contrast to the clean lines of the doors. Your drawers are out of the cabinets, but if they are slab front drawers a combo of knobs on the doors and pulls, even cup pulls would look good on the drawers.
2 Likes   November 21, 2012 at 4:27AM
demtuc
Love your kitchen! I would go with brushed nickel. What colors are the cabinets and island? Very nice!
0 Likes   November 21, 2012 at 9:04PM
PRO
Michelle Turchini
What a beautiful kitchen! Great choices with the cabinet/island colours. I just remodelled our kitchen and had the same dilemma. I eventually opted for knobs on the upper cabinets and pulls on the lower cabinets. I have similar shaker style cabinets and did Amerock Westerly brushed nickel knobs/pulls as they looked classic, but slightly modern. Utlimately if you just make the choice of knobs/pulls and their sizes it doesn't really matter about the style as you can change them relatively easily (with other ones the same size)
1 Like   November 21, 2012 at 9:19PM
PRO
karen paul interiors
Since you have decided on the two-tone blue and white scheme, I would offer that you consider the warmth of a hand-rubbed bronze rectangular pull to be placed horizontally on your drawers and vertically on your cabinets. Less is more and in this instance I would propose a rectangular pull that has a center that is in the round rather than all angles. This will offset the angular lines of your cabinetry. This choice works well with stainless appliances, as it adds warmth and does not become too ornamental or busy. It is a substantial look without overpowering the cabinets. The bronze on a white cabinet is fabulous and will equally blend into your blue lower cabinets.
1 Like   November 21, 2012 at 9:35PM
Love Hurts
Hi how hight are these ceilings.
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 1:28AM
feeny
May I suggest that you go to someplace like Restoration Hardware that has a wide selection and generous return policy and bring home some different styles to try out in the space? We had a hard time deciding whether to use more old fashioned or modern hardware in our off-white shaker kitchen, and seeing the different pulls and knobs in the space and in the context of the rest of our house decided it for us (we actually had friends come over for a hardware consultation party).
2 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 4:22AM
jackinjen
i have same style kitchen and i did polished chrome round knobs on top and pulls on bottom draws only , cabinet doors on bottom that open side to side got knobs too, looks amazing!!
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 2:37PM
anitajoyce
beautiful kitchen! I love the white and blue together. Brushed nickel or stainless steele will be nice. Round knobs for the cabinets and pulls for the drawers or knobs on the cabinetss and rectangle handles on the drawers. The combination is yours to choose. Either way will be wonderful on your cabinets.
1 Like   November 22, 2012 at 2:53PM
murrayml
Great ideas ! Thanks !
My ceilings are 10 feet high. Actually, my colors are origami white on the trim and the island is Iron Ore (Both are Sherwin Williams colors)... Never would have thought of blue, but cetainly woudl be nice too !
1 Like   November 23, 2012 at 2:30PM
kathyvg7
hi, can't tell species or color of your wood floors. may I ask you what they are? thanks.
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 3:14PM
PRO
J & D Interiors
I'd do cup pulls on the drawers & knobs on the doors. You might consider polished nickel. BTW your colors look great!
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 11:18PM
karelina
Having just gone through finding kitchen knobs, I have a couple of suggestions. I love your two color cabinets. I'd consider a blue or blue pattern on top and a white or white and blue pattern on the bottom. I'd use round, because square knobs are often askew and it would drive me crazy! This is the kitchen, so a simple shape that's easy to clean is something to consider. So the lovely blue pattern round ceramic knob above (from oldbob) would be great without the dirt catching metal cap. If you prefer metal to ceramic, I'd put a knob on top and a simple pull on the bottom. What kind depends more on the style you're trying to achieve.
1 Like   November 23, 2012 at 11:35PM
charleee
Oh, wow, your cabinets are coming across as blue on my monitor! Well whatever the color, they're very beautiful.
0 Likes   November 24, 2012 at 12:33AM
demtuc
I would love to see how this kitchen turns out! Please post when complete! I really love the cabinets, granite, and color choices!
0 Likes   December 10, 2012 at 6:34PM