Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
front door color
elithe
November 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I would like to paint my interior double front doors and side panels; they all have half clear beveled glass on top. My walls are dark beige and I have white moldings and shutters. Also, in that room are some black accent pieces, so would black or white be best.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I would paint the interior of your front doors to match your interior trim, which you indicate is white.
November 21, 2012 at 5:59PM   
Manon Floreat
I think you can do either black or white. If you're looking to add a little drama, consider black. The great thing about paint is that it's pretty easy and inexpensive to change should you want a different look.

Here are a couple of examples with white trim to consider:

Oxford Development

Foyer
November 21, 2012 at 6:15PM   
PRO
karen paul interiors
It always sounds like a slam-dunk with regard to best solution. Funny how there are always little surprises discovered in a photo or two. Since you have taken the time to inquire, please send a photo so we can know exactly what that beige is, how those sidelights play out in real time. It does make a difference in opinions on Houzz. :)
November 21, 2012 at 6:26PM   
PRO
Ah, but to support my recommendation of white trim, here's an example.
November 21, 2012 at 6:28PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.