Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
front door color
elithe
November 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I would like to paint my interior double front doors and side panels; they all have half clear beveled glass on top. My walls are dark beige and I have white moldings and shutters. Also, in that room are some black accent pieces, so would black or white be best.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I would paint the interior of your front doors to match your interior trim, which you indicate is white.
November 21, 2012 at 5:59PM   
Manon Floreat
I think you can do either black or white. If you're looking to add a little drama, consider black. The great thing about paint is that it's pretty easy and inexpensive to change should you want a different look.

Here are a couple of examples with white trim to consider:

Oxford Development

Foyer
November 21, 2012 at 6:15PM   
PRO
karen paul interiors
It always sounds like a slam-dunk with regard to best solution. Funny how there are always little surprises discovered in a photo or two. Since you have taken the time to inquire, please send a photo so we can know exactly what that beige is, how those sidelights play out in real time. It does make a difference in opinions on Houzz. :)
November 21, 2012 at 6:26PM   
PRO
Ah, but to support my recommendation of white trim, here's an example.
November 21, 2012 at 6:28PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.