powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help! Water pressure in shower is pathetic!
nancykelley
November 21, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I just moved into a 3 year old townhouse that is perfect in every way except for when i take my daily shower. There is very little water pressure on the hot water side of the faucet and it makes rinsing my hair a tedious and much longer process. cleaning, soaking and even changing the shower head hasn't made a speck of difference. It's a Mohen brand, if that's any help. Same problem in my second bathroom shower, again - only on the hot water side, and only when I run the shower. Tub, kitchen sink, dishwasher all work great, pressure just disappears when I turn on the water for a hot shower.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
I would see if there is an obstruction in the faucet where the hot water comes in.
1 Like   November 21, 2012 at 11:41PM
PRO
www.newjerseyaccents.com
Here's a link to a video showing you how to remove the water saving gizmo that's put in all shower heads these days:

Granted, it may not be fixing the real problem, but it should improve the pressure some.
2 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 1:32AM
nancykelley
I forgot to mention: I even took out the flow restrictor (with great difficulty) that's commonly found in all shower heads these days. That helped a little, but only minimally. I just don't understand why hot water pressure is great at my tub faucets, kitchen sink, but immed slows down to wimp level as soon as I turn on either one of my bathroom showers
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 1:45AM
PRO
Hudson Reed
Hi,
I don't know the specifics of your system (if you describe it I may be able to help further), but it sounds like your problem could be caused by a damaged or degraded shower Valve cartridge. I know Moens systems don't work exactly the same as ours so there may be some differences but here is a brief video we put together on how to re-calibrate a shower valve:

If I was you I would try contacting Moen and see what advice they have. I'm sure they have aftercare videos like our own that should help you.

Dan
Hudson Reed USA http://usa.hudsonreed.com/
1 Like   November 22, 2012 at 2:11AM
daveyola
It may be as simple as the line running to your unit connected to the main - find out the diameter of that line, it should be at least an inch but sounds like you may have an old small one
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 6:15AM