Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen colours.
Lyn
November 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi Guys,
What do you think of this colour proposal so far?
See before picture and colour swatch picture below. I haven't gone so far as to choose a splashback, tiles or blinds. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks for looking.
Lyn in wet and windy Dorset, UK.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lyn
Plan B - avoid being too peachy.
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 11:06AM
charleee
Honestly, I do like the Plan A better. It's not reading peach on my monitor, just a pleasant beige. But if it concerns you, you can have the color reduced by 25% - 50% which may take care of the problem.

By the way......I really like the way you worded your dilemma ! "Any suggestions gratefully received" It makes us feel happy about being able to help you !!!
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 11:20AM
Lyn
Hi Bob - I love hearing from you like minded people. And the way technology enables me to chat to many folks on the other side of the Antlantic. Fantasticl!
Here's another colour from Farrow and Ball (they make such lovely "classy English" colours) - link http://www.farrow-ball.com/dix-blue/colours//fcp-product/100082#
Combo jpeg below.
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 11:49AM
Lyn
This is an amazing colour which changes depending on the light shining on it!
I might try it in the hallway where there's nothing for it to clash with (white and brown). http://www.farrow-ball.com/elephant%27s-breath/colours/fcp-product/100229
Lyn
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 11:56AM
charleee
Lyn, I can only comment on the colors as my monitor is displaying them, agreed?

My monitor is telling me the top blue is a blue-yellow, and the bottom is a blue-grey. So I'm not seeing them as compatible, sorry.
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 12:16PM
Lyn
That's right Bob.
You like Plan A - "String" -A pale earth pigment based colour can be used either as an off-white with brighter colours or as its own colour with a brighter white. Mid Tones Undercoat.
Sounds like a Plan to me! Thank you for your time and reassurance.
0 Likes   November 22, 2012 at 12:26PM
charleee
You're so welcome! I've been trying to attach pics of my kitchen which I did in appliance white and denim blue but the slippery little devils won't attach. I also painted my disgusting floor tile countertops with a hammered copper paint, saving me the cost of new ones. I'll try again in a separate comment.
1 Like   November 22, 2012 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Backsplash ideas
We have chosen Cambria Quartz "Bradshaw" for our countertops....
Need help choosing interior doors (style and wood species)
Have natural cherry cabinets, hickory floors, golden...
Choosing mirror above fireplace
Hello, just finishing up my family room redesign. ...
Need a colour scheme to go with these existing floor tiles
http://www.ctm.co.za/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/350x262/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/a/napoli-verona.jpg...
need help wih popcorn ceiling
I have read that to remove popcorn ceilings you have...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.