Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen Countertop help
Kendall Freeman
November 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi. I am building a house next year but am a planner by nature so when the time comes I can have nearly everything ready to go. I have been told there is a kind of kitchen countertop tile that looks like wood. I was told it actually comes in what looks like planks, not squares, and adheres just like regular tile. However, I can't seem to find it any where. Is there a specific name for it or does anyone know a distributor who carries it?
Thank you for the help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feeny
Are you sure it is a tile meant for kitchen countertops and not just a tile that most people use on floors but some people may use on counters? Because if you look for wood-look tile there are many different products that fit your description exactly. They are just usually used for floors. There are lots of links and photos on the Houzz products page: http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/wood-look-tile
CrossCut Wood - Porcelain wood look tile
Wood Look Tile
November 22, 2012 at 1:19PM   
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
CASTLE Design Studio LLC
Planning is so much fun! Kudos to you for giving yourself lots of time for research. Feeny is right, the wood-look tiles are meant for the floor or wall typically. Grout lines on a countertop are never ideal, may I suggest you research solid slab options. Happy Thanksgiving
November 22, 2012 at 1:56PM   
More Discussions
Bedroom: Input needed! Last wall and finishing touches...
I have been working on updating my bedroom over the...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Large Entryway of a bungalow ideas
My entry is south facing by the front door. From arch...
Need help with wall art!!
I'm not sure what I can do about the asymmetry of my...
What are the best type of glass shower doors?
We are remodeling our bathroom and are planning to...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.