Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Future outdoor kitchen?
Julie Landrum
November 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Ok-this the future site of our outdoor kitchen. We are going to back one wall up to this small well house to utilize not only the utilities that are already attached but also the charm of the rock and stucco. I guess I'm just looking for suggestion on the floodplan as well as appliance must haves for outdoors-there is so much available and I'm not sure how much we really need to be functional. We will incorporate a roof that will also extend to cover the well house. The frame in the background will eventually be our tank room for making wine...and I am standing on the front porch of the house. I left the old BBQ puts in the picture so you can get an idea of size. The ground will be crushed granite but I think I want to go into a flagstone in the cooking area. What do you think? Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Julie Landrum
Oops-floor plan! And "pits" ;-)
November 23, 2012 at 6:29am   
PRO
COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
"Must Have" equipment has a lot more to do with what you are planning to do than any "standard" might offer. What do you like to cook? The fact that you are calling a gas Weber BBQ a "pit" tells me that you might like to barbecue instead of just grill. Do you need a place to put big pots for stews or boils? Do your prefer charcoal or gas? Do you need a place to keep a few cold ones for the Chef?

Will this be entertaining space, or just cooking? You appear to have plenty of space to do whatever you want.

I'd recommend some kind of flagstone in the work area and wherever you might want to put furniture, although crushed granite will probably be fine for paths.

You may not need anything fancy, but it's nice to have everything at hand so you don't have to run in and out of the house.
November 24, 2012 at 12:15pm     
creeser
We are going to build an outdoor kitchen as well. This is a photo I saved from houzz that might work well with the ideas you have.
[houzz=
]
November 24, 2012 at 1:12pm