Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Got great houzz advice for ugly, uggggly entryway
drbay
November 23, 2012 in Before & After
Our tiny entryway was a disaster- dark, bland, and unwelcoming. We can't afford a new door, but with all your helpful advice, we are extremely happy with the results. I went with a nature theme because two sides of our home look through trees to the winding river. I picked out a luminescent white and sage textured wallpaper, and found a three-piece wall hanging of birch trees by the water. We added a molding to the step side boards, and painted both bright white. The new white-frosted ceiling light has a brushed dark brass leaf design.We tore out the old grey carpet and used an oak laminate. The sage-colored runner's leafy design suits the space well!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sondramartina
Nicely done.
1 Like   November 23, 2012 at 4:43PM
PRO
Merry Powell Interiors
Good job! If I may make one more suggestion: Pull one of the colors from your artwork and paint the door. My inclination would be one of the greens, but you could go wild with the magenta! I would also paint the door frame to match your baseboards. Very nice improvement!
2 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 4:54PM
Amanda
I love it! The door frame matching to baseboards would open up the room just a bit more, as the frame would not shut off the walls from the door. Of course, that's if you keep a white door (which I love).
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 5:09PM
PRO
Shearer Painting & Wonderfulcolors.org
Merry Powell suggests painting your door; I like that idea. It looks to be a hallow metal door. i recommend you use Benjamin Moore Aura for waterbase or if you are skilled with oil enamel the Fine Paints of Europe.
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 5:16PM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
You've done such a great job - give yourself many pats on the back! Feels good to accomplish this new look. eh? Remember when you first posted the before photo in design dilemma - you had numerous suggestions . . . then you had to make a decision and dig in to get r done! Well done!
1 Like   November 28, 2012 at 2:12PM