Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dining room chair help
biancanieves
November 24, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We recently bought a home in Lake Tahoe and plan on hosting lots of friends and family. We knew we needed a large dining room table that would seat at ten people so we decided on Restoration Hardware's Monastery Table in Gray. Unfortunately, finding the appropriate dining chairs is proving to be more difficult. We have 17 month old twins so don't want to go with the french linen chairs that RH uses to accompany the table. We want something more durable, and dare I say more interesting. We've considered the amber ikat chair from cost plus world market but it blended right into the slate floor, we need something with more contrast.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
I could see you using the amber ikat chairs for the two ends of the table and then chairs in the same wood as the legs of those chairs. You could get the RH chairs in leather or make slip covers for the seats, which works for adults who drop food on the chairs as well.
November 24, 2012 at 4:48pm     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
This may be a case for TOLIX! Tolix is the super hero of the casual chair world and he will come and rescue you, impressing your friends with your sophistication of design, while allowing your twins to be the kids that they are. Tolix come in a variety of colors. Have fun them around your RH table!Tolix Café Chair La Maisonnette - Beynac-et-Cazenac, France
November 24, 2012 at 5:04pm     
mullenn
how about pottery barns dark brown high back seagrass chairs either warm brown or dark brown weave then you could add a pretty faux swade cushion.
November 24, 2012 at 5:23pm   
hevykevy
We have a 2 and 4 year old and had the same problem. I realize that there are compromises with kids but don't put everything on hold.

We bought nice dining room chairs with linen cushions and put these covers over the seat.
http://www.smartseatdiningchaircovers.com/?gclid=CKfoxNz-

They're washable and they work great.
November 24, 2012 at 5:44pm   
decoenthusiaste
This has the heavier look of your table and the seat is leather - great for kids!

November 24, 2012 at 7:48pm