Users
What color is this floor?
bguseth
November 25, 2012 in Photo Questions
Is it floating?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Lowe's of Avondale, PA
It is a strandad bamboo floating floor, random width available at Lowe's. I believe it's a distressed spice in color, it's goes all the way through the bamboo, not a stain.
November 25, 2012 at 1:53pm   
bguseth
Are all bamboo floors click locking? What's the pro's and cons?
November 25, 2012 at 2:05pm   
PRO
Lowe's of Avondale, PA
All bamboo floors are not locking, some may come in a tongue and groove installation style, which is typically glued down. The locking has its pros if you are going over concrete or in a basement - allows the flooring to expand and contract with the difference in humidity levels in the air. Or if you are DIY, the ease of install is great.
November 28, 2012 at 12:29pm   
bguseth
If cost is taken out of the picture would you choose nail down, glue, or click? If you glue down do you glue to the underlay?
December 4, 2012 at 5:20pm   
PRO
Lowe's of Avondale, PA
It again is going to depend on the type of flooring material. Keep in mind, if you choose a bamboo floor it cannot be sanded down because it is a grass. My flooring guru's here at the store and myself both agree that old school "nail down" is the way to go, however stranded bamboo is a much harder material and sometimes is too hard to nail down. Glue down is not glued to the subfloor - you glue the planks to each other.

Hope this helped!!
December 21, 2012 at 10:49am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.