Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with fireplace surround, mantle and wood storage
finallyfinished
November 25, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We have a three sided front to our wood buring fireplace. We are unsure of how to finish the surround around the unit. Should we use natural stone, tile or ledger stone? Should we continue with material all the way to the ceiling? How do we incorporate the wood storage unit. Any advice would be appreciated. I attached a picture of one that I like but don't know if it would work with our set up.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cottage Craft Tile
Might be tough to do a surround like that around a neo-angle base,. I've attached a couple of photos for ideas. You can find more at www.jvtile.webs.com You have a lot of options depending on your style. The right tile run up to the ceiling would definitely set the space apart as its own entity. I can visualize a mosaic wrapping that bottom base. Best of luck with your project!
November 25, 2012 at 1:15pm     
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
I think a tile mosaic would be gorgeous around your fireplace! It should definitely be carried up to the ceiling and around the bottom. To tie in the recessed area, you can simply put the same kind of tile along the back of the recession. The glass tile below has a little bit of a rustic edge to it, to make this awesome fireplace a little less modern and a bit more traditional. The green tile has a matte finish, while the brown tile is transparent.
November 26, 2012 at 12:39pm     
finallyfinished
So, it's 10 months later and we still haven't come across anything we want to commit to for the next 20 years....any more suggestions....what about a wood mantel that would run across the top of the fireplace and through the wood storage to break it up into 2 sections?
September 15, 2013 at 5:24pm   
More Discussions
Bedroom makeover help needed
This bedroom needs a complete overhaul. (for sale pics)...
Adding square footage to house
I have a ranch home, 1680 sq. ft. And would like to...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Updating home !! Help :)
I would like to add stone ,as well as new paint to...
When is a bench appropriate for a dining room?
We've always liked the look of a bench. When is it...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.