Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I adore this! This is so gorgeous!
Karen Thompson
November 25, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am remodeling my family room and this is EXACTLY what I pictured in my head for a feature wall for my television. I would like to know if the television is mounted to the false wall or to the original wall. I would also like to know how far the false wall is from the original wall.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this pic! Absolutely GORGEOUS!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lizzy
This is quite beautiful and has such a modern look to it.
0 Likes   November 25, 2012 at 6:30PM
inabonoan
Hi, Karen. The tv is attached with a bracket on the false wall. The false wall is about 3 inches off the original wall; all the wires are hidden and run in between false wall and original wall. Lights are installed around and behind the false wall so the wall looks more like it's floating. Good luck! And thanks for liking the photo!
1 Like   November 26, 2012 at 4:56PM
Karen Thompson
Thanks SO much, inabonoan!! It's so wonderful to have an idea in your head and see it materialized. I cannot tell you how much I love what you have created here!

I am curious now to know what material the false wall is made of and what cabinetry you used for the shelves. I am looking for similar materials. Can you tell me where these are from?

Thanks so much for the quick response. I am literally starting work on my wall this weekend! I will share the photo when it's complete!
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 1:29AM
inabonoan
Hi. Very sorry for late reply! The false wall is actually just made of plywood and covered in laminate. The cabinetry was made of same plywood and painted in high gloss finish (duco). Your wall must be complete by now : )
0 Likes   December 23, 2012 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
How to update this kitchen on a budget?
Want to update this 1948 home without losing the antique...
Sonya Black
Need help with living room decor/storage
I need help with new storage/shelf solutions in our...
Ditte Christiansen
Facelift and ideas required!
Looking for suggestions to exterior. After 20 years...
Roger Burns
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.