Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bathroom storage
Senada Velic
November 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have got a beautiful bathroom but have problems with the storage. I have no idea how to fix this. The bathroom has recently been remodeled, and everything is new in there, but halfway through I just somehow got lost in terms of storage. Can you help please. The problem is the green plastic shelf and the area under the sink, which is good for storage but it shows ...
Any advice is appreciated Thank you
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
manzer
I think wicker baskets would look really nice...I like the blue tiles.:)
November 26, 2012 at 11:15AM   
bibi306
try some open shelves attched to the wall. the use of baskets can hide some of your items.
November 26, 2012 at 11:59AM   
Senada Velic
Thank you very much. Is there a photo or something that I could actually see before I start doing anything. Thanks so much
November 26, 2012 at 2:02PM   
Senada Velic
Thanks for the tiles, they were quite cheap. I bet they don't cost that much at wherever you are :-)
November 26, 2012 at 2:04PM   
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Senada! We can't tell, but we're wondering if you have a plain mirror or a medicine cabinet? You may be able to create more storage with a simple medicine cabinet that has shallower depth (http://www.atgstores.com/301-5-medicine-cabinets_1143.html?&option0=optionA=257509|18433~Valu) so it doesn't protrude too far from the wall. You may also want to try a tension rod shower caddy that gives you more shelf space in that back corner. We hope these little changes can help give you a bigger bathroom!
November 26, 2012 at 2:10PM     
bibi306
something like these can give you some great storage. if you like to have doors you can do something that slides.
November 26, 2012 at 2:19PM     
lalalelu
It looks like you have some dead space over the toilet where you could hang a shelf or shallow cabinet. In the corner where the green plastic baskets are on the table I would replace that with a linen storage tower, but it's hard to tell what those metal fixtures are on the wall (?)
November 26, 2012 at 6:26PM   
lalalelu
It looks like you have some dead space over the toilet where you could hang a shelf or shallow cabinet. In the corner where the green plastic baskets are on the table I would replace that with a linen storage tower, but it's hard to tell what those metal fixtures are on the wall (?)
November 26, 2012 at 6:26PM     
Alison Finch
I think some pine shelves painted white with white wicker baskets, follow a driftwood/nautical theme, that will bring it all together nicely.
November 27, 2012 at 9:18AM   
bdennison
Over-the-door storage is a good option. They are inexpensive and come in alot of finishes. These white baskets are cute.
November 27, 2012 at 9:49AM   
Senada Velic
That's not a table it's a washing machine covered up :-) The metal fixtures are pipes from an electric water heater. I must say I quite like the idea of the wicker basket and additional shelves.
I have a simple mirror which I installed in order to maintain a sense of space in a small bathroom, although I had originally planned to go with a medicine cabinet, which I even bought. It's in my basement :-) but it's tough now to decide the cabinet or space ...
You have all been a great help
Thank you very very much
November 27, 2012 at 1:49PM     
PRO
Innovative Product Sales International
no drilling required carries a range of professional shower caddies, bath shelving (both glass & wire towel shelves) as well as rotatable curved shower rods (saves room when not showering as it rocks back into the shower). All mount to tile & glass without have to drill using the patented mounting system. http://www.nodrillingrequired.com/Shower-Caddies-s/89.htm
November 29, 2012 at 6:53PM     
PRO
CW Inc.
Wine storage for Towels, either hang on the wall, or get small ones to fit under sink
November 29, 2012 at 7:15PM     
PRO
CW Inc.
Also, a curtain around the sink will look sweet and shabby-chic
November 29, 2012 at 7:19PM   
litehearted
the rotatable curved shower rod is cool, but would require the shower stall to be inset between two walls...in your case, the shower rod is suspended from the ceiling ~ so you have to keep your cute shower curtain, or install glass, no other choice. you can always hire a joiner to build shallow cabinets above the toilet, along the wall above the radiator, and a tall (from washer to ceiling) & deep cabinet above the washer...the shallow shelving can house toiletries, whilst the deeper shelving can act as a linen closet...I personally don't like to see a lot of clutter, so sliding doors or curtains to keep it hidden would suit me fine...less clutter appears more spacious and calming...paint (including pipes/rad) a colour slightly lighter than your wall tiles and the room will appear more cohesive as well...keep the curtain 'tho, it's nice
December 2, 2012 at 9:23AM