powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need window covering ideas for back door and side windows.
bamagirl7275
November 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This door leads to the patio. Where should the top of each treatment be placed? Help !
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Stanton Designs-online design services
If you are using panels with a rod... place them at ceiling height.
0 Likes   November 26, 2012 at 2:01PM
charleee
For the door, you could use spring tension rods top and bottom. For the windows, floor to ceiling!
1 Like   November 26, 2012 at 2:06PM
bamagirl7275
Thanks for the ideas
1 Like   November 26, 2012 at 5:05PM
PRO
At Your Service Custom Window Treatments
I would put valances in this space. I would place the top of the three valances half way between the top of the window and the ceiling. There is a valance kit made especially for doors - so that the valance actually moves with the door when it opens so it does not interfere with the operation of the door and when closed it will look like a seamless valance across the bay. Jeanne from At Your Service Custom Window Treatments Belmont,MA
1 Like   November 27, 2012 at 4:47AM
bamagirl7275
This is sooo neat. I've never heard of such a valance kit. Where are they purchased/
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 4:54AM
decoenthusiaste
Soft romans or valances. Country Curtains has a nice selection. I've used their Colebrook scallop on French doors with great success, and they have matching panels if you like them. These were metal doors and we used magnetic blinds and rod installations. We just had to beef up the power on the magnets a bit.
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 5:12AM
PRO
JMittman Designs
You have a tight space. I don't think you want a bunch of fabric there. Jeanne's suggestion above is perfect for your space--and will keep all the treatments at the same height. This is a custom window treatment option--the valance is custom made wtih the kit.
Another simple option would be woven wood shades if you need privacy.
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 8:04AM
PRO
CellularWindowShades.com
I'm not sure if those are honeycomb (cellular) shades now. They can be ordered a bit tighter to the trim, at least on that shade under the arch. We have half round arch shades available if you are looking to cover that portion of the window. http://cellularwindowshades.com/starburst-arch-shades.html That moving valance bracket is neat. I've never seen such an animal myself!
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 10:34AM
PRO
Faith Baker, Smith & Noble Regional Sales Manager
If you like fabric, you could do roman shades inset in the windows & attached to the door. Keeps full function, adds fashion and color, all without added bulk. I would be happy to discuss your project further with you.
0 Likes   November 27, 2012 at 10:38AM
PRO
Elizabeth Shutters
If you go with roman shades or any other option that is mounted inside the two windows and on the french doors, the mounting height will be lower on the french door than it will be on the two flanking windows. One way to alleviate that is to always keep the shades lowered (or raised) to the same height. That way your eye will see the one line that is straight and not notice that the upper line is off. Or mount valances as high as possible on the wall and have the fabric stop just above the door opening so that it won't catch when the door is in motion. Then mount on the wall, behind the valances, a roller shade or a honeycomb: anything with a short stack that will be completely hidden when not in use.
0 Likes   November 30, 2012 at 8:56PM
bamagirl7275
Thank you. This is good solution .
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
Just purchased bland house
We just ordered a new front door in white with 3/4...
The DMV's got Nuthin on Me!
I need ideas on how to transform my new home into a...
front door, shutter and trim
any suggestions on front door color with coordinating...
Types of trim
We want to change our trim in our home to something...
Pros and cons of steam showers?
We are thinking of making our shower in our master...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.