Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with paint colors - ASAP
Michelle Mosser
November 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Guest room - Black and off white bedding- currently walls are BM Owl Gray. Should I leave it and add color with pillows or change wall color? If so, what color? Hallway is BM Chestertown Buff

Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
indianagrammy
I like the lime green for a wall color.
2 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 8:39PM
chuey
BLACK, WHITE AND YELLOW MAKE A NICE COLOR SCHEME.
2 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 8:47PM
PRO
Paradigm Gallery
I love yellows and find them very user friendly to live with. If you have already used a lot of color in the rest of your house I would change my opinion and do a more neutral shade of some grey. The room is a part of the bigger context of the color story of your home....
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 8:48PM
Michelle Mosser
I have Chestertown Buff, red in dining room, and getting ready to choose paint color for master and master bath. My 2 little girls have pale pink and blue rooms-
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 8:51PM
Michelle Mosser
Any green paint suggestions? BM or Sherwin Williams colors?
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 8:56PM
houssaon
I liek the gray owl you have on the walls. With black and white, you can have any accent color you want or just stay with black and white.
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 10:18PM
rosiegabby
I like the wall color. Why don't you find some kind of art for the wall and pick a color from the art for your pillows/accent
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 10:38PM
Manon Floreat
I like the gray owl, also. I'd think about accenting with the lime green or chartreuse. As houssaon mentioned, it's a simple matter to swap out pillows if you want a change. Repainting is a lot more involved.
1 Like   November 28, 2012 at 10:42PM
Billie G
Like others, I like the colour you have on your walls now. We have Farrow & Ball Pavilion Grey, that looks exactly the same. We are combining it with aubergine, purple and steal grey colours for bedcovers. Aubergine looks really great with it.
0 Likes   November 28, 2012 at 11:42PM
greenthumb2
Or, you can go pretty snazzy with brush silver look with hint of ice color. blue, green, pink, lavender, red, orange, anything with a bit of personality. I'll post you a few pics.

first one: subdued Enviable Designs Inc.

high end:Lompier Interior Group

warmer look: Lindy Donnelly

I think once you know what accent color(s) you really like, accessorizing will come easier. Not sure you need to paint. I think a headboard would work very well as way into your accents.

hint: type in black into search parameter after you hit: photos, style (tradtional, modern, etc ), then location (bedroom), might help. You can go through all the styles to find what color accents to black that speak your language. :=)
1 Like   November 29, 2012 at 1:07AM
jiminey
What about a beautiful Metallic Pewter or Silver with a small chandelier & French Provincial White or Black, bedside table. Love your choice of Linen.
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 4:21AM
michigammemom
The aqua walls in this pretty bedroom add warmth to the black and white bedding for a soothing look.

1 Like   November 29, 2012 at 4:51AM
PRO
Gabberts Design Studio
I would keep the grey walls, and would accent in teal and yellow. Add fun pillows and art to really make the room "pop"
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 4:54AM
orangecamera
I also have black and white bedding, and just chose Sherwin Williams' Koi Pond for the walls. SW7727. It looks grey on my monitor, but is actually a muted green.

1 Like   November 29, 2012 at 4:59AM
janishill
If you want a brighter green go with Vienna green: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/viennagreen

Something a little more subtle: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/centralpark

Or why not go for a grey that has life to it? Something like this: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/secret

or this: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/pikespeakgray

Hope you will post updates. I know it is going to be a gorgeous guest room.
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 5:35AM
PRO
karen paul interiors
Benjamin Moore Gray Owl 2137-60 Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC 172 I've posted your gray owl and next to it is the revere pewter. If you are wanting more gray I would highly recommend the additional warmth and nice contrast to your black that would be provided with some gray "tweaking" in the manner of the revere pewter.
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 7:38AM
clleblanc
pick some decorator items before you choose a paint color. You probably have some ideas on color, so go search for some great pictures etc and pull the color from there.
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 7:42AM
Annie
I would go with a bright cheery yellow on the walls and then add yellow accents around the room.
1 Like   November 29, 2012 at 8:47AM
Natalie
Hi---I would accent with a chartreuse hue and deepen the walls with a putty-ash gray color... Good Luck![houzz=Black and White "Trellis" Bed Linens][houzz=Cliffside Gray]
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 9:40AM
Michele Leal
I love dark red, is very nice with white and black
0 Likes   November 29, 2012 at 9:47AM