Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Please help modernize a small floor plan with paint colors
Katerina Klein
November 29, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hello,
I'm really hoping i can get some advise on painting a smallish space of our town home. I'm a sucker for grays but trying to bring in some blue as a contrasting color in the kitchen as everything in the kitchen is pretty light. I'm leaning towards having 3 colors total (with white ceiling and trim work it will be 4 colors). Medium to dark blue in the kitchen. Light gray or greige in the living with slightly darker gray on the long wall that is shared by living and dining (pics attached)
I've gone through several color combos and can't settle on anything. I really want to try and avoid making the space feel dark. Our kitchen is pretty well lit but the living space only has one floor lamp.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Pictures attached.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
judianna20
Continue the champion cobalt in the kitchen along the solid wall. I don't think the deep silver should meet the cobalt in the corner by the slider. Then paint the other walls the gray tint. I think 3 colors is too much for the space. it is going to be adorable!!!! Will you do your furniture white as in your inspiration photo?

November 29, 2012 at 12:42pm   
Katerina Klein
thank you judyg, that's what i was afraid of that it would be too much... Although I don't want the main living room wall "couch wall" to be blue. Do you think i should also paint the long wall gray tint? or is it too pale? Should i look for another color that would go with the blue to paint the entire living room, eliminating light and dark gray? something in the middle maybe?
this is the sofa i want to get. http://www.zgallerie.com/p-12491-vapor-sectional.aspx We don't have furniture yet, so nothing is final
November 29, 2012 at 12:50pm   
Katerina Klein
here is a combination of just Champion Cobalt and Gray Tint, I'm afraid that the second option will make the rooms too dark
November 29, 2012 at 1:00pm   
Katerina Klein
here is a combination of just Champion Cobalt and Gray Tint, I'm afraid that the second option will make the rooms too dark
November 29, 2012 at 1:01pm   
judianna20
First off, you will be going contemporary? How would painting the entire area the gray tint with the charcoal sofa and a light grey toned rug? Bring in the color blue with throw pillows. Wallpaper your guest bath with a knockout paper. Schumacher-Noir-Black-Pillow-By-Pillow-Talk-And-More-
Braid-Textured Rug Smart Round Marble Top Coffee Table | CB2
Captain Smith Hand-Printed Wallpaper, Promenade
November 30, 2012 at 10:19am