powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Our new, freshly manufactured prototype, of modern sofa.
MIG Furniture Design, Inc.
November 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This is freshly manufactured prototype of our new modern sectional sofa that we will add to our 2013 collection http://www.modern1furniture.com/modern-living-room-c-27.html. Need your opinion, what do you think?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
To be completely honest, the back looks too high and also looks odd with the untufted band. I'd make the back a bit lower with one-piece tufted back.
November 30, 2012 at 12:56PM     
olldcan
I agree, the back headrests look too high. When there down do they stick out past the back? I don't like untufted band either and in the shot from the left it looks like a vertical brake is missing. I don't care for the side looking like an inserted panel, for some reason it looks strange. Don't bother with the 2 cushions, file 13 that idea.
Can we see how the chaise connects to the sofa and the back side of the sectional as well.

I know this is a prototype, so what type of fabric choices are you planning to make available.
November 30, 2012 at 1:13PM   
charleee
It's too boxy and has too much tufting for my taste. What market do you hope to sell this in? Because the squareness of the shape tells me contemporary, but the tufting says traditional. To me, anyway.
November 30, 2012 at 1:40PM   
hollybar
Reminds me a bit of this sofa. Not a fan. Maybe because I am too lazy to even consider the effort vacuuming all that would take.

November 30, 2012 at 1:50PM     
charleee
Wow! That's really similar hollybar!....olldbob
November 30, 2012 at 1:58PM     
olldcan
hollybar, If you think that picture of the sofa from RH is bad, humour yourself and go see it in there store. Mind you, for 7000 you can probably buy all kinds of things to make you laugh. Dirt/lint/hair grabber, just horrible!!! Hopefully MIG is not choosing the same fabric as RH.
November 30, 2012 at 2:01PM     
olldroo
Don't think it is only just the traditional/contemporary aspect olldbob mentioned, to me it is also very European also limiting it's market. I couldn't agree more with hollybar with respect to the cleaning, pet hair would have a place in every tuft.
November 30, 2012 at 4:23PM   
charleee
MIG, I have to ask, where do you get the ideas for these pieces of furniture?
November 30, 2012 at 4:39PM   
simplify52
Debating whether to give my opinion. . . . . . hmmmmmm! Ok, it reminds me of a casket! Sorry, but it does remind me of that. :(
November 30, 2012 at 5:30PM     
missychum
I like it. I like the overall boxy shape with the thinner high back. I agree with ne comments about the untufted horizontal band though. Could you try tufting it?
November 30, 2012 at 6:14PM   
Bonnie
I don't like it. Here's why...i feel that modern furniture is usually such a treat for the eye with the sleek and airy lines. Traditional on the other hand is usually comforting to look at and comfortable to sit on. Your couch does not look that comfortable and the proportions are awkward so it is not delightful to the eye. As someone mentioned, the back is to high. Also, the arms are too thick and clunky looking. I also agree that the portion of couch without tufting does nothing to add to the overall success of the piece. The back piece is too thin relative to the arms. By the way, I don 't like the RH sofa either.
November 30, 2012 at 6:28PM   
dcer
It looks as if when you sat down, you would slip right off...is that covering vinyl?
November 30, 2012 at 6:41PM