Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with paint
jirvine
November 30, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Just remodeled an eat-in kitchen 12x20. Cabinets are honey maple, granite is Magma Gold, black appliances, Durascape, Denali flooring. Eating area meets hallway and living room of a small 1980 rancher. LR has paneling to be removed or painted at a later date. We are not afraid of color, but would like something that keeps the room bright. I have attached pictures of room and granite with backsplash. Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
designmuse
LOVE the granite! I think Salsa Dancing or Caliente from Benjamin Moore would look great in this kitchen.
November 30, 2012 at 6:39pm   
PRO
Dytecture
Here is a kitchen with bright lime green walls and accents.

November 30, 2012 at 7:11pm   
Darzy
The granite should be "the star of the show" and do everything else neutral. Walls, baseboards, window trim, door, adjacent paneling paint Swiss Coffee. It looks kinda white...like coffee with a lot of cream! There is already a lot of "movement" in the granite and floors, so something simple and bright for the rest would balance it all.
November 30, 2012 at 7:32pm     
olldcan
Totally agree with Darzy but I would stain the island cabinets black and maybe the lower base cabinets on the perimeter too.
November 30, 2012 at 7:38pm   
shawn602
That counter is gorgeous!
November 30, 2012 at 7:52pm   
aandrews361
Awesome!!! Don't go against the natural colors your kitchen already has. I think a subtle gold/ yellow would really look classy and warm. he bold color are nice but a fad , and when the fads over you"ll be faced with the same problem. You have to love your kitchen!!
November 30, 2012 at 8:36pm   
tatts
Okay, now you've don it! You understand that you're going to have to bring the whole house up to the level of the kitchen, right? ;-)

You need to extend the look and the lines of the kitchen into the eating area. Keep the same color palette. And, whatever you do, replace the baseboard and door window trim with something that is beefier and of a style that matches the kitchen. That trim no longer works.
November 30, 2012 at 8:46pm   
jirvine
Thanks to all who made suggestions and comments, they are appreciated!
December 7, 2012 at 8:49am   
PRO
Granite Grannies
This Magma Gold kitchen has very subdued colors, but it might help you get a good idea of what looks good with your stone (even thought this Magma is a bit more orange than yours).
December 7, 2012 at 9:38am   
jirvine
thanks granite grannies. i especially like to see the floor on this picture, looks very similar to ours.
December 7, 2012 at 10:01am   
More Discussions
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Let's play with my living room...
Hello,any suggestions for my living , choice of colour,all...
Help ting together my roof and body color
I've got a 60's ranch I'm working on and and going...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.