powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dear Sir, Please could you tell me how many bedrooms and what the square meterage of the home is? Many thanks
vandenheever
November 30, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Soloway Designs Inc.
It is 4,861 square feet. It has 4 bedrooms in the main house and then an additional guest house that is attached. The guest house in what is seen on the left of the photo. I am new to Houzz. May I ask why are you wondering? Are you looking to build a home?
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 7:58PM
vandenheever
yes, I am wanting to build and your home is perfect. I have a family with 2 children and my elderly mother living with me - so your home fits my needs to the T. I have searched Houzz for the last 6 months and came across your picture during the course of the week and, well quite frankly, fell in love with the home. But as I live in South Africa, I dont suppose I could purchase a copy of the plans? Is there also a possible entertainment room (or could one be added strategically between the two homes?) As I would not want to paint, do you think your home would look good as a light colour face brick or with cladding on?
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 10:42PM
PRO
Soloway Designs Inc.
Where are you building? I hope you don't mind me being forward, but can my firm and I help out with your home?
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 8:19AM
vandenheever
We are in South Africa. Would you be able to help from there?
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 10:12AM
PRO
Soloway Designs Inc.
Absolutely. Most of our clients our from out of state so designing via the internet has become very easy. We use GO TO MEETING a lot which allows a client to view what is on my computer screen so it is very easy to talk about a design. Every city, state (and country) have different rules and regulations that are easily researched. What it always comes down to is designing a home for what you want. Would love to help.
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 11:04AM
vandenheever
Sounds fabulous! It would be much appreciated. May I please stay in contact as we will probably only start thinking about building towards the end of March next year (should all go well) and I would dearly love to work with someone as passionate about their work as you are? You might have to guide me step by step as I have never gone through this process before and I will have a lot of research to do in the New Year with regard to Municiple Regulations as we will be building in a World Heritage Site - The Cradle of Humankind.
It is normal practice for the Municipality as well as all building and steel companies to shut down over December until mid January - so I shall have no luck in finding anything out until mid-late January (bearing in mind we work on "Africa Time")
Please shout if there is anything you need from me.
Once again, thank you.
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 8:09PM
vandenheever
Sounds fabulous! It would be much appreciated. May I please stay in contact as we will probably only start thinking about building towards the end of March next year (should all go well) and I would dearly love to work with someone as passionate about their work as you are? You might have to guide me step by step as I have never gone through this process before and I will have a lot of research to do in the New Year with regard to Municiple Regulations as we will be building in a World Heritage Site - The Cradle of Humankind.
It is normal practice for the Municipality as well as all building and steel companies to shut down over December until mid January - so I shall have no luck in finding anything out until mid-late January (bearing in mind we work on "Africa Time")
Please shout if there is anything you need from me.
Once again, thank you.
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 8:09PM
PRO
Soloway Designs Inc.
Keep me posted on how you are progressing and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if you simply want to talk about the possibilities in your new home. Feel free to email me or call directly to the office in lieu of having to go thru Houzz. Looking forward to talking with you in the future.
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 3:15PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.