Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wall colors?
Cheryl Roach
December 1, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Two adjoining rooms. Same dark mahogany floor. Room with blue denim furniture guns decoys more manly. Room with white blue stripes want more beachy with white molding. Thinking of bringing in few navy white and red pillows as accents? These fotos taken at furniture store. Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Designs by BSB
take a look at Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray - depending on time of day, can look cool, then warm.. even taupe. Id stay away from any more solid color pillows on the above couch - pattern, if the room can handle it!
4 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 5:19AM
Cheryl Roach
Thx! I was not keeping the display pillows i will check out the color now. Which room would i use the grey. The beachy room or the hunting room?
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 5:38AM
PRO
Designs by BSB
I picked the color for you based on using it in both rooms.. it will look different with the decor change! If you'd like advice on using 2 colors, it would be much more helpful to see a picture of your home and the type of decor/furnishings
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 5:39AM
Cheryl Roach
Ooh I love it! Thx!
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 5:53AM
Cheryl Roach
Lol it is gutted from
Flood. But we live on a canal. Here r fotos. Thx
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 5:55AM
Cheryl Roach
This will be beachy lighter side but we r refacing with similar stone as other side of fireplace.
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 5:56AM
Cheryl Roach
We are opening walls on both sides of fireplace. I will buy sample today and smear on wall. I think beachy pillows/decor will pull it all together
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 6:01AM
PRO
Designs by BSB
Rockport gray will look awesome with that stone! Post pictures when you are done!
2 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 6:09AM
Natalie
Hi I suggest bringing that blue color into the beach side through toss pillows, a rug, art, etc. and some off-white for the manly side. Your room is rustic, but furniture is fun and shabby chic so I'd play off of that and add some touches of whimsy. Check colors: SW 7066 Gray Matters and SW7073 Network Gray for walls. Hope this is helpful Have fun and Good Luck! :) http://www.etsy.com/listing/109323517/navy-blue-chevron-and-organic-burlap?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=modern+beach+pillow&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=8&ga_search_type=all http://www.etsy.com/listing/103382325/faux-taxidermy-wall-mount-animal-headhttp://www.etsy.com/listing/112434093/shark-decor-beach-decor-shark-head-faux
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 6:19AM
Cheryl Roach
I will definitely do that for beach side!! Thx! The manly side is usually full of guns, decoys, old rods and reels so There is no room for any decor in there other than pillows lol. I don't even go on there. Lol. Thank you soo much! Mahagony floors going in another week then sheetrock. I absolutely will post my final product. Thx!!
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 6:34AM
Natalie
Great! The room(s) are spacious and fireplace unique-it's going to look Fab...
Can't wait to see it completed. Good Luck!
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 6:44AM
Cheryl Roach
You are both wonderful and talented. Thank you! Now i have to pick granite color next post. Lol enjoy your weekend!
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 6:56AM
Dawn Taillon
I vote a nice gray myself. If you look at this site you will see a lot of gray and beige/cream/whites mixed together
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 7:37AM
lessismoore
Hi - great suggestions, wonderful space to work with. Are those Ektorp sofa/love seats? I have the love seat and love the ease of changing the covers.
I liked the rug/paint/color combo in this room. The Rockport gray is so versatile - http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/148829962656523119_xHw7iH9f_c.jpg
Definitely want to see the "reveal" here.
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 8:33AM
Cheryl Roach
They are Raymour and Flanagan BUT I was thinking of Ektorp for the beachy room instead!! What do u think if the quality and comfort of them?
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 9:04AM
lessismoore
I love our love seat - My husband (plus the two dogs, 1 cat, 4 grand kids ...) is "death" on furniture. I have two covers, can wash them at home, and refresh the whole thing in hours. We've had ours for close to 10 years and it still charms me.
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 11:31AM
Cheryl Roach
Thanks! I may go to ikea to check out their covers tomorrow. :)
0 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 3:07PM
lessismoore
Also - they change the covers available each year it seems - I have Red Leadby and a Blue Denium (working on fading it) but the denim was not in the store anymore - I got mine via ebay (new) so, if they don't have a cover you like, you may want to do a internet search for one you do want.
Good luck!
2 Likes   December 1, 2012 at 10:10PM
Dawn Taillon
There is also a company in Europe, I believe it is in, that makes covers of anything and everything expressly for IKEA slip cover furniture. I have to look for the link.
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 10:12PM
1 Like   December 1, 2012 at 10:22PM
lessismoore
Dawn - what a great resource! thanks! That gray velvet is gorgeous.
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 12:16AM
Dawn Taillon
Your welcome, I loved that gray velvet too. I've been doing research a lot the last few months on Slip Cover "SC" furniture.

Oddly most of the expensive brands get about the same amount of criticism, they don't even get more positives usually. but do get less, "I have to fluff up the pillows too often" comments than Ektorp.

If you pay $2100 to $3300 per sofa you will have criticism if it is not perfect for the rest of your life except for a change of slip cover. Which is the problem. The best rated SC sofa is the Lounge sofa from Crate and Barrel, it is really deep and you can just flop on to it. I looked around and it is hard to find old model Lounge sofas stock slip covers. In fact stock slip covers are hard to find for most of the many SC sofas except Ikea. That is worth it's weight in gold. "imho" .

Plus I saw old models of the Lounge that looked disheveled after a few years and often the wide ones won't fit in people's homes once they are delivered, not even in the doorways.
2 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 7:36AM
Cheryl Roach
Great info Dawn!
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 2:17PM
Dawn Taillon
Sorry to ramble.
0 Likes   December 2, 2012 at 7:06PM
Cheryl Roach
Lol noo! Great info! Thanks
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 1:31AM
greenthumb2
The bottom of the coffee table? Did you buy the coffee table? Would prefer it (bottom) painted in a different color than white.
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 2:12AM
Cheryl Roach
No foto only for sofas. Thx
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 2:29AM
greenthumb2
:=)
1 Like   December 3, 2012 at 2:32AM
Cheryl Roach
Went with BM Hampshire taupe! I will post fotos once floor is installed and furniture arrives. So far looks great! Thank you everyone!
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 4:36PM
Dawn Taillon
post post post pix asap
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 5:59PM
Cheryl Roach
Floors getting installed Thurs 1/10. I will take fotoscthen
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 6:01PM
Cheryl Roach
Or i will take tomorrow during daylite. Hard to tell withh no floors or trim
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 6:02PM
Dawn Taillon
Alright then Miss Cherly, will wait patiently for the eye candy coming.
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 6:03PM
Cheryl Roach
Lol Dawn. Ur funny. Here is something I took.
0 Likes   January 5, 2013 at 6:06PM
Cheryl Roach
Still need floor trim and furniture. But we got this side of fireplace stoned (lol) to match othervside
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 6:07PM
Dawn Taillon
Sweet Jesus, I love it. Inspiring.
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 6:08PM
lessismoore
gorgeous and love the flooring
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 7:24PM
simplify52
Love it!!! Really love the flooring. Also love the info about the Ikea slipcovers. Keeping that info handy. I have a friend that bought an Ikea sofa years ago. Now two 20 something sons have it and she said it is still going strong. Will fill her in on this new slipcover into. Thanks so much!!!
1 Like   January 5, 2013 at 10:24PM
Cheryl Roach
There is no floor. This is sub floor from 64 years ago. Our floors are getting installed on jan 10th. I guess the foto is deceiving. We r getting mahogany floors. Can't wait!
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 3:21AM
lessismoore
Your sub floor looks as if you had a "driftwood" floor installed, just waiting for a glaze. I think finishing the fireplace out had us all so "dazzled" ... So maybe this is the universe's way of saying "get some driftwood inspired" rugs :-) for your beach side.
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 8:08AM
Cheryl Roach
Definite beachy theme. Driftwood inspired rug? Sisal? I would love area rug suggestions. Slipcovered blue white striped. White armchair. Ikat blue white slipper chair dark cherry coffee table. White entertainment center. PmSnning on beacy accents abd white dnd table
E
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 8:43AM
Cheryl Roach
Whoops! Typo. Planning was the messed up word lol
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 8:44AM
PRO
the essentials inside
Hi all! Sorry to interrupt this thread. lessismoore - if you have any time on your hands, can you check out this thread: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/290047/Dining-room-and-what--A-conversation-area- Tough room, could use some of your fantastic photo-shopping skills.

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 11:10AM
Cheryl Roach
Floor!!
1 Like   January 11, 2013 at 1:41PM
More Discussions
Help this kitchen, very limited budget :(
I'm trying to help my best friend with her kitchen,...
Gabriela At
need help with my kitchen ceiling
just purchased a seasonal condo with an old fashioned...
sbeglia
Help! Teens Color Bedroom
hi I would to ask what color suits on the wall and...
sheena_
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby
Need help for my living room
Hi, I need help improving the look of my living room,...
bossybear1
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.