Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Design Dilemma
Professionals
Users

I need help to choose colors: walls, linen and window covering

Meital DahabashDecember 1, 2012
I have this king bed and i want to paint the walls (one wall or all walls)?, i'm renovating my room (modern style) and i'm thinking to paint gray or purlpe/gray but i dont know what tone!! also what color bed sheets and window covering...white?? - i don't want the room to be dark! also, i have a white sofa next to my bed that im gonna decorate with matching pillows. BIG, Thank you for your help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Several colors look great with gray tones - yellow, orange, turquoise and white. However, with the warm tones of the wood in your bed, you might like some shade of greige, so check that color out here on Houzz by searching in the box above.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 8:03PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I'd paint the bed wall a deep amethyst color, and the other walls about 3 shades lighter. Bedding would be white with lavender shams and a deeper purple throw across foot of bed. A long rectangular limey green pillow would be added as an accent color. Purple pillows on white sofa, with another lime pillow.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 8:24PM
millie55
That is a beautiful bed and should be in a beautiful bedroom. I would go with the grey as will not date so quick. Paint all the walls in a midtone grey coming from a warm tone base. If you wanted you could highlight the wall the bed sits against with a v v subtle wallpaper. Ceiling and trim a warm white. Bedding can then be crisp hotel style white with an accent of a fake fur throw. A beautiful wooden framed or silver gilt mirror would look nice too. And beautiful big side lamps on mismatched side tables. Some family mementos and photos on the wall and voila, if you liked purple you could use it in a scatter cushion, flowers or matting on your framed prints. Just hints that can be changed. Even a bedroom chair???
1 Like    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 8:38PM
millie55
Oops. Window coverings. Depending on your location. Warm areas tailored linen. But plenty of them. In a cold climate velvet once again generous quantities. Length and breadth!
    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 8:43PM