Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
small bathroom
jamiesharp76
December 2, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have a very small bathroom: shower over tub takes up one wall directly across from the door, directly beside that is the sink then toilet. directly beside the toilet is the cabinet. There are only upper cabinets in the bathroom and the lower part is accessed outside the bathroom in the hallway. I want to move all access into the bathroom but because of the toilet and door and feel that my only option is a corner cabinet.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
Are you able to cut into the drywall, and do open shelving with baskets? The toilet and door will not be a problem then.
December 2, 2012 at 5:36PM   
jamiesharp76
I have thought about that but the idea of having my bathroom supplies just in baskets bothers me a little bit. I am worried I'd be self conscious about my threadbare towels, toilet paper, etc.
December 2, 2012 at 5:43PM   
dbellisario
we had a very similar bathroom. just remodeled (completed 4 weeks ago). that corner bump out in our bathroom was an old oil furnace flue, so we had no storage at all for the bathroom. we removed that, switched the toilet and sink location and were able to get a 36 inch vanity in. I love that space now. not sure how much you want to put into the space, but everyone comments on how much more open that bathroom feels with that corner flue gone. I'll try and post before and afters later tonight after work.
December 3, 2012 at 5:39AM   
Dar Eckert
St. Paul Bombay Vanity in Chocolate
Kohler Persuade Vanity Cabinet
I think I would replace the sink with a small vanity that has a little storage. There are tons of small vanitiies to choose from. Then add some open shelves over the towel bar. You could also add a wall cabinet that matches the vanity over the toilet but be careful because It might start to look too crowded.

Get a new framed mirror. It looks like yours is hung too high.
December 3, 2012 at 6:29AM   
More Discussions
quick fix
I don't want to spend too much on the kitchen at this...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
New furniture
I cannot figure out what furniture to buy and how to...
What parameters do you use to chose a white paint?
I am painting a 2 bed/2bath condo. The whole unit...
Moving toilet in second floor bathroom
I would like to move our toilet closer to the bathtub...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.