powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Suggestions needed for small, open family room with red wall.
Shawn Minyette
December 2, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi, any suggestions please. I have a small family room that is open on two side to other areas and one main wall leading up stairs which is oddly shaped so I made it my accent wall. I am in need of help with other suggestions for example above the tv seems naked and so does the right side of the tv. Drape suggestions. Enclosed several angles,Thank you.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
You have a lot to work with. First, I'd remove all of the window treatments and do dark woven wood blinds in the LR and the DR. I'd paint the walls "craft white". It looks white with an ever so slight hint of yellow. Then I'd paint the tv wall a chocolate brown. But, I'd get a low sleek credenza for the tv wall and put the current tv stand on the left of the loveseat and put the fish tank there. (Center the loveseat with the three windows). Pick ONE wall to group your family photos and remove the small accessories and frames. Groupings make more impact and avoid visual clutter.

December 2, 2012 at 8:54pm   
Darzy
PS..after you get a basic plan..it will be fun to accessorize with pillows/accessories in colors you like! I love those end table lamps!
December 2, 2012 at 8:59pm   
charleee
If you want an honest opintion, I don't think anything looks "naked", I think it all looks like too much, sorry. Definitely replace all your window treatments with something newer and modern, like Darzy suggested. I would want shorter and wider lamps. [houzz=Eva Colored Glass Table Lamp] A more modern media wall: [houzz=Elegance 58 in. TV Console with Bookcase] and a coffee table to serve both sofas: [houzz=Circle Squared Coffee Table]
December 3, 2012 at 5:42am   
PRO
Simplicity Sofas
You maybe able to get larger furniture than you think into your room. Simplicity Sofas, an American manufacturer specializes exclusively in Furniture That F.I.T.S. (Furniture in Tight Spaces). The company makes hard-to-find small sofa sizes which are guaranteed to fit through extremely narrow entranceways.
December 3, 2012 at 11:21am   
More Discussions
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
our house is craftsman style,, remodeling master bath.
Wondering if a modern bahroom in a craftsman house....
Help putting piano in medium entry in curve by stairs
I have to put my parlor size (sm. than baby grand)...
Ugliest fireplace on the block. Help!
Need design help with my tall walk around fireplace....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.