Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
13 yr old room idea!
marlee_parkin3
December 2, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My house burned down 2 months ago and it's time to start looking at what I want my brand new room to look Like! I am 13 I love dark deep colors (NOT pink and green or anything bright) I love elephants and distressed looks! Help! Any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucindalane
Wow, so sorry you lost your home. Hope you and your family are alright.
There are lots of ideas out here on houzz. You should just search for teen bedroom, or just regular bedroom ideas-or you could search for a certain color. Once you find something you could share it with your family. Good luck on creating a great new room.
1 Like   December 2, 2012 at 9:50PM
Sharyn
Sorry to hear about your house - I hope your family is okay. Since you like "deep" colors, think about using your favorite color on just one wall. First you should look for bedding and pick a wall color from that. Keep your paint simple and have more fun with the accessories in your room. It's easier to change a comforter than it is to repaint. I painted one wall in my daughters room (she's 14) bright orange. A smaller angled wall is lime green. Other walls are white. Her room has 5 walls. We bought 4 large canvases and painted these symbols on them @ ! # ? for above her bed. When she gets tied of that all we have to do is change out a few things and she'll have an all new room. Have fun!!
1 Like   December 2, 2012 at 9:53PM
michigammemom
You might consider a dark gray wall color with black furnishings and yellow accents. I like the distressed yellow desk chair in this inspiration room. You could easily add elephant themed art to a similar room. Best of luck to you and your family.
1 Like   December 3, 2012 at 4:43AM
marlee_parkin3
I love the second one and all of them after that! Don't love the first one! Thank you!
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 6:07AM
charleee
Well that's good! At least you have a starting point. I would suggest buying a comforter you LOVE, and pull your color scheme from it.
1 Like   December 3, 2012 at 6:40AM
PRO
Dytecture
Here is another idea.

1 Like   December 3, 2012 at 6:43AM
nasmijati
I agree to start with a bed covering and choose paint colors from that. It seems as if it should be easy to paint and then find bedding to match, but you would be surprised how difficult it is.
2 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 7:48AM