Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Electric Fireplace on this wall? Color?
Colleen
December 3, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I am redoing this room and will have the new gold toned sofa and loveseat hopefully this week. I am getting rid of the sofa table and would like to put an Electric Fireplace on that wall. My dilemna is this painted console table under the TV. I am concerned about the colors clashing. One has orangy undertones and the Fireplace is more of a cherry. Am I crazy to think this will not work? I also will be getting a new area rug, coffee table and end tables. Opinions please!!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Colleen
The TV hand painted piece is giving me concerns. The color is not what I thought it would be and now having trouble finding a piece (fireplace?) to blend with it. Do they have to match or can I go with a dark Cherry fireplace? I am thinking I should go with a more oak color to coordinate with the living room. Help please!!!! The fireplace will go where the mirror and table are. The fireplace is 53x45.
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 4:15AM
TanCalGal
The fireplace and TV piece have a similar shape and tone, I do not think I would place these 2 pieces in the same room. The table you have is lovely & is interestingly arranged, why change, for a fireplace that is less lovely and less interesting? The table and TV piece complement the room and each other.

I think you might be adding too many pieces of furniture to your rooms.

I would add something under the table to take away the leggy look (maybe a wicker basket under table or try the red vase under table.) See here:
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 8:12PM
decoenthusiaste
Why don't you put the FP in your bedroom with a nice chaise for lounging? I can't really see it in the living room.
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 8:41PM
houssaon
I think that you can do better that to get an electric fireplace. I would rather not see one in your living room.
0 Likes   December 3, 2012 at 8:44PM
Colleen
Thank u so much.. So relieved I passed on the purchase. I am looking at ottomans to go under the table or even baskets!!!! Thanks again:)
1 Like   December 4, 2012 at 3:08AM
More Discussions
dining table
Hi i only have a eat it dining spot and was wondering...
Would you hire a designer with crazy colorful hair?
Hi there! So, this may be a strange one! I'm fresh...
Need help identifying this baby furniture item?
A friend gave this to me and told me it was a walker...
Moving and want to take bedroom chandelier.
We are moving and want to take our bedroom chandelier...
Furniture ideas
Looking for color/furniture ideas for new basement...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.