Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint color
yasha77
December 3, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Right now my family room has cream walls and one accent wall that is the fireplace in dark brown. I am so tired of browns. I want to go into the gray tones now. Would it look ok to paint a gray accent wall?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Can we have a photo?
December 3, 2012 at 7:42PM     
janishill
A pictures speaks a thousand words. :-)

It is difficult to give advice when we can't see what we are giving advice on. :-) Pictures please.
December 3, 2012 at 7:52PM   
yasha77
this is the only picture I can upload at the moment. I did end up painting the room cream and left the fireplace wall brown (accent wall) but I was wondering if it would look ok if I painted it gray
December 3, 2012 at 8:13PM   
TanCalGal
What color is the sofa? area rug? large tiles? colors in fireplace stone? color of pony wall and wall with drapes? Many things should be considered.
December 3, 2012 at 8:23PM   
decoenthusiaste
What color is that half wall behind the sofa? If it is grey or greige, you might try it for the focal wall.
December 3, 2012 at 8:39PM   
yasha77
The sofa, area rug is cream. The tiles in the kitchen are white with beige veins. The colors in the fireplace are tans, and gray's. The the pony wall and drape wall is a light taupe color.
The half wall behind the sofa is cream.
December 4, 2012 at 7:16AM   
TanCalGal
The sofa + area rug + 3 walls = cream, kitchen tiles = white/beige, pony wall+ drapes = light taupe, FP = tan/gray.
You could "match" (or slightly darker or slightly lighter) the gray in the FP stone for the accent wall.
My problem is: the space is not too large + the space is open concept: it might not be a good idea to keep introducing new colors. I would use either the beige in the kitchen tiles as an accent or the taupe of the pony wall as an accent or paint the FP wall cream and not have an accent wall.
Buy a small amount of paint colors & paint foam boards and live with the accent color choices for a few days.
PS: I think white crown molding might look good in your rooms.
December 4, 2012 at 11:45AM     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.