Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Mismatch with Audrey Hepburn?
rayess
December 3, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I chose the black n silver tiles for my bathroom and to me they looked like a waterfall of beautiful paint. ( see photo attached)

I wanted to hang the Audrey hepburn tiles on the wall but I am being told that the look of my bathroom doesnt go with Audrey hepburn as the existing tiles give it a rustic look.

I am not a fan of the rustic, industrial look at all. I was after a modern hollywood look.

Suggestions for some other wall art will be highly appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Natalie
Hi---you can definitely mix what you have existing with some intricate, detailed furnishings---think ornate mirrors, rich creamy hues, fluffy towels, fresh flowers, etc. Pics for inspiration---think of the wallpaper in photo 1 as your tiles, the tables in second photo your tiles, and the upholstered chairs your tiles-third pic and how these items work with the color palette. Do note these rooms are elegant and rustic- and romantic... :)Hope this is helpful. Good Luck! [houzz=Glamorous powder room][houzz=Master Bedroom][houzz=Main Kitchen]
December 3, 2012 at 10:04pm     
victorianbungalowranch
, I think they would be fine with a little pop of color in a rug and mayb an orchid for an accent and a shower stool. Audry Hepburn pink?

Tilework is awfully hard to change your mind on. How about hanging those tiles instead, just in case you get tired of them 5 years from now? Or hang old publicity stills?.
December 3, 2012 at 10:59pm     
rayess
Hi Natalie, thank you for the lovely pics you have attached. These are gorgeous. I do so love the Audrey Hepburn tile
December 4, 2012 at 12:42am     
rayess
Hi victorianbungalowranch Yes I am only going to hang the tile. in case I ever need to remove it. Publicity stills? Hopefully I could find something like that and frame it.
December 4, 2012 at 12:46am   
rayess
Any other suggestions for bathroom wall art will be greatly appreciated.
December 4, 2012 at 11:52pm   
rayess
Anyone please? Other suggestions?
December 5, 2012 at 3:29am   
saraflarflar
Whoever said rustic was obviously blind. This is insanely modern! I love it! Audrey Hepburn is an inspiration that I would love to have in my bathroom. Your bathroom is beautiful. Jealous. ;)
December 5, 2012 at 8:00am   
More Discussions
DARK OR LIGHT FLOORS
Just bought a house, have no pics yet but the kitchen...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...
rug needed
I just bought two green trellis pattern chairs & need...
Want a screen
Add blue point junipers to add an instant screen and...
replacing concrete floor with wood
We do not like the look of traditional quarter round...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.