Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Mismatch with Audrey Hepburn?
rayess
December 3, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I chose the black n silver tiles for my bathroom and to me they looked like a waterfall of beautiful paint. ( see photo attached)

I wanted to hang the Audrey hepburn tiles on the wall but I am being told that the look of my bathroom doesnt go with Audrey hepburn as the existing tiles give it a rustic look.

I am not a fan of the rustic, industrial look at all. I was after a modern hollywood look.

Suggestions for some other wall art will be highly appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Natalie
Hi---you can definitely mix what you have existing with some intricate, detailed furnishings---think ornate mirrors, rich creamy hues, fluffy towels, fresh flowers, etc. Pics for inspiration---think of the wallpaper in photo 1 as your tiles, the tables in second photo your tiles, and the upholstered chairs your tiles-third pic and how these items work with the color palette. Do note these rooms are elegant and rustic- and romantic... :)Hope this is helpful. Good Luck! [houzz=Glamorous powder room][houzz=Master Bedroom][houzz=Main Kitchen]
December 3, 2012 at 10:04PM     
victorianbungalowranch
, I think they would be fine with a little pop of color in a rug and mayb an orchid for an accent and a shower stool. Audry Hepburn pink?

Tilework is awfully hard to change your mind on. How about hanging those tiles instead, just in case you get tired of them 5 years from now? Or hang old publicity stills?.
December 3, 2012 at 10:59PM     
rayess
Hi Natalie, thank you for the lovely pics you have attached. These are gorgeous. I do so love the Audrey Hepburn tile
December 4, 2012 at 12:42AM     
rayess
Hi victorianbungalowranch Yes I am only going to hang the tile. in case I ever need to remove it. Publicity stills? Hopefully I could find something like that and frame it.
December 4, 2012 at 12:46AM   
rayess
Any other suggestions for bathroom wall art will be greatly appreciated.
December 4, 2012 at 11:52PM   
rayess
Anyone please? Other suggestions?
December 5, 2012 at 3:29AM   
saraflarflar
Whoever said rustic was obviously blind. This is insanely modern! I love it! Audrey Hepburn is an inspiration that I would love to have in my bathroom. Your bathroom is beautiful. Jealous. ;)
December 5, 2012 at 8:00AM   
More Discussions
Please help me in deciding bed for my Master bedroom
I need a bed for my master bedroom - 12 by 10 feet....
Need help replacing dying front lawn with drought tolerant beauties
We are in Denver, Colorado. Our front yard faces west...
Ideas For Cover Up 2 rooms which are not co linear
Have 2 rooms which are not aligned in a straight line...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
help with contemporary update to this traditional exterior
traditional exterior home renovation with contemporary...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.