powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
where and what color do I paint in this area.
skichiiwa
December 4, 2012 in Design Dilemma
HI, I need help deciding where to paint on the upper floor.
Do i carry on with the dark Color at the landing, up at the top of the stairs( see other pictures)

any suggestions
thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
skichiiwa
bump.
December 4, 2012 at 2:06PM   
mmilos
Don't know if I'd paint much more that dark of color. Looks good against the back wall with the windows. How does it end now on your side wall with the stair railing? I may go with a lighter complementary color for the walls adjacent the dark window wall on your back stairwell and continue that into the hallway.
December 4, 2012 at 2:25PM   
Ramona
It would be too dark if you continued with that color and you have dark furniture below. I agree with picking a complementary color that you will pick up on in what looks like the living room with accents.The dark fireplace would really disappear if you put more dark in the stairwell/hallway. I like blue and cream with brown as they are showing it now. There are tons of blues, so you would need to pick carefully. What is the rest of your furniture down below?
December 4, 2012 at 2:30PM   
skichiiwa
Yeah , Those are interesting comments. Maybe just a mirror to fit in the area there .. Black mirror. horizontal.
December 4, 2012 at 2:50PM   
skichiiwa
downstairs.
December 4, 2012 at 2:59PM   
mmilos
Cool space! I like it as is. :-)
December 4, 2012 at 3:02PM   
skichiiwa
Yeah im talking about up the stairs though Ramona asked to see the bottom. Im looking to fill up the stairs as per my pictures above. The white area>

thanks
December 4, 2012 at 3:06PM   
houssaon
I like the square of brown. It is very dramatic.

I would paint the walls in the living area a warm grey like Stingray 1529 Paint as done in this room: Woodinville Retreat 1 and Woodinville Retreat 2. The trim and the ceiling is Dove White. Use a matte finish for the walls. It is washable and it doesn't reflect light so the color is truer and it doesn't show wall imperfections.

You could paint the walls and stop where there is a trim detail unter the brown square. Paint the sides of both staircases. Paint the support column grey, too. This gree with go with your furniture and the brown square, but also allow you to go inany direction for accent colors. You could be subtle as in the Seattle home or bold.
December 4, 2012 at 3:11PM   
Ramona
houssan's grey would look nice

but I like color

I wouldn't put any more dark brown in that space as I see it now. If you use the grey on the walls, you are free to add any contrasting color below.
December 4, 2012 at 3:17PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.