powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Blank slate for new wall paint color(s).
emeseye
December 4, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need advice on paint color(s) for walls that will accommodate granite w/d and adobe/rust colored floor tile.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
janishill
December 4, 2012 at 1:24pm   
Aggie Purvinska
December 4, 2012 at 2:00pm   
decoenthusiaste
Just the right shade of orange or sienna could work. See it with similar floors below.

December 4, 2012 at 2:04pm   
lefty47
HI -- I have the same laundry pair -- aren't they great ! I am going to use Benjamin Moores "Amsterdam Blue " And a fiberfloor with the blue circles for fun with white cabines etc. And adding a few red accents . This might work for you !.
December 4, 2012 at 2:12pm   
PRO
Leaf Design Studio
I know someone who recently painted their laundry room a mint/teal color and it looks fantastic! I am suggesting Seagrove 653 by Benjamin Moore. Also, it would look great with you flooring!
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/seagrove
December 4, 2012 at 2:35pm   
Andrea Garrett
yam by martha stewart
fig by martha stewart
heath by martha stewart (the beige)
or
egg yolk by martha stewart
December 4, 2012 at 2:38pm   
Andrea Garrett
the color of your floors and appliances are in the same palette, so check out her paint cards. they are symbol coordinated
December 4, 2012 at 2:39pm   
tennisanyone
Mine is painted Benjamin Moore, Kentucky Haze, in the blue gray family and I love it.
December 4, 2012 at 4:11pm   
PRO
Your Interior Focus
What color are the walls, floor and furnishings in the adjoining room? I teach clients and students to always bring home literally ALL of the swatches they love, then narrow down the choice to the swatches that look best with existing colors in that room. Next, narrow those options by taking the swatches into the adjoining room and find the one that goes best in that room. Now you will have created a beautiful flow throughout your home!
December 4, 2012 at 8:49pm     
greta1
Good advice by Your Interior Focus. I like the idea of two-tone since you have the chair rail separating the wall. Darker color on bottom, white/cream for chair rail and baseboard, complementary lighter color on top. Maybe a dark gray on bottom and rusty/persimmon color on top.
December 4, 2012 at 10:37pm   
PRO
Debra Kling Colour Consultant
Your photo reminded me of a Laundry Room just completed for a client, using Benjamin Moore gray-blues:
December 5, 2012 at 4:14am     
Natalie
Aqua-gray hue.. Blue Grass (CC-640) from the Designer Classics Collection BM
[houzz=
]
December 5, 2012 at 7:24am     
Christine
I'd go with a lighter gray and crisp white trim and accents. I also saw on Houzz that someone used a cookie jar as a holder for the powdered detergent. I loved the blue granules mixed in with the white powder. Keep it sparse and uncluttered and it will turn out quite well.
December 5, 2012 at 9:56am     
tleigh1955
I agree, I would want to know what is happening in the adjoining kitchen or adjacent rooms. I have enjoyed using blackboard paint on a single wall, it adds fun to the space along with the colors you have chosen, it really depends on the family and if they have children or not, etc.
December 5, 2012 at 11:51am   
PRO
Aegean Designing Whims
I like the 2 tone idea, and some of the colors suggested are great. Another thought would be to consider a print wallpaper! Yes, wallpaper is back and in a big bold way. Select something like gray and white. Chrysteen Braun, Aegean Designing Whims
December 5, 2012 at 3:05pm   
calidesign
Keep it light and bright and simple. I painted our laundry room a terra cotta color to warm it up, and now hate it. In smaller spaces, when you're sorting, washing, drying and folding laundry, it's nice to have it feel clean and fresh. No busy patterns or dark colors.
December 5, 2012 at 5:49pm     
PRO
W. Friesen Construction
KIwi green from general paint with antique white or ivory trim color.
Or for another look how about wainscotting on the lower half of your walls painted white or the trim colors suggested and a kiwi green or taunty yellow from General paint.
December 5, 2012 at 6:55pm   
alwaysdesigning
You have wainscoting so I would do a two tone paint but in same shades. I would choose darker grey for lower to blend with the w/d, and very crisp and light silver and white in horizontal stripes for upper to enlarge the room. Or chevron wall decals or stencils. And paint the ceiling the very palest of blue to mimic sky and open up the room. Will look great. Good luck
[houzz=Laundry Room 1]
[houzz=Laundry Room 2]
[houzz=Striped Bathroom]
[houzz=Van Singel Lake 2]
[houzz=It's The Little Things That Make A House A Home]
[houzz=Chevron Vinyl Wall Decals by Vinyl Wall Art]
December 5, 2012 at 9:46pm   
emeseye
Thank you everyone for your help. I have downloaded the BM color visualizer but the colors are not true on my computer. I am going to go with a bright white for the cabinets and trim and the "over-the-frontloaders" topper that I am going to make. My question now is how dark gray below the chair rail, a Benjamin Moore name if possible, and what lighter gray on top, again Benjamin Moore name if possible that will still work with the granite w/d and the floor. The picture I attached has the BM Metropolitan AF-690 on the top and BM Flint AF-560 on the bottom. I will get samples of these colors if they look to to you all, but I'm thinking you can see the colors better than I, so please make other suggestions for samples as well. Thanks again,
December 6, 2012 at 7:07pm   
emeseye
By the way, the adjoining room is the family room that is done in oak trim and navajo beige walls, very boring.
December 6, 2012 at 7:09pm   
More Discussions
How do you think this light fixture looks?
I was thinking of this light fixture for my front hall....
i got this house 2 years ago and now we are ready for a face lift :)
Could you please help me with some ideas ? I don't...
Can you help? SUGGESTIONS FOR BARE WALL -STUMPED!
I'm STUMPED as to how I should decorate this bare wall....
Trying to decide best color for future new area rug for Den
My contemporary home has a backyard view of a mid size...
Tile goes in tomorrow - need last-minute perspectives...
Okay, Houzzers - Doing a hall-bathroom remodel - I...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.