Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What granite goes well with dark cherry cabinets - bathroom
suzyscuderi
December 4, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Help! I am in a quandry. Due to unforseen problem with my small master bathroom remodel, I ended up with dark cherry shaker cabinets. They are beautiful, but I don't know where to start with the countertop. I am attempting a clean, balinese, spa look. No tub, just a shower and two vanities. Hardware is already ordered, Kohler brushed nickel. Undermount sinks and toilet in Kohler white. Sunny south corner with skylight...Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Linda
Post some pics for everyone. You will get a much better response.....I prefer a more subdued neutral marble for countertops in the bath that has dark cabinetry. Need more info e.g. tile color, shape,
December 5, 2012 at 1:01am   
creeser
Since you have a skylight and lots of sun, you could do a very dark, like black galaxy.
December 5, 2012 at 4:05am   
PRO
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
We used a typhoon bordeaux with dark shaker cabinets in a bath recently and it looked very nice. The tile was a neutral beige. Don't know what your tile color is. It is hard to know what "dark" means. It could be a darker brown or it could have very red undertones with cherry. A picture would help. Another option might be Succuri.
December 5, 2012 at 4:13am   
PRO
Dytecture
White vanity top is a timeless combination with dark cherry cabinets.

December 5, 2012 at 6:16am     
PRO
Stoneshop
Kashmir White and Kashmir Gold both look lovely with dark cherry cabinets (assuming that the cabinets look similar to those seen in Dytecture's photograph). Santa Cecilia and Millenium Creme are also good options.
December 5, 2012 at 6:53am   
wantsideas
If you are going with granite I would suggest something light with very little pattern or color to it especially if you are going for a serene look. I too have beautiful cherry cabinets in a small bath and the granite is too busy. The colors in it intensify the redness is the cabinets. The taupe paint on the walls didn't help as the redness in the cabinets gave things a purplish tinge. I took a sample of my granite into a paint store and they suggested a different color (looks tan) on the walls and I switched to a different kind of light bulb and the redness is toned down.
December 5, 2012 at 7:14am   
suzyscuderi
Thanks so much to everyone - I will post photos. My bath remodel is at a standstill, I don't have any floor tile picked out yet. I like sea glass 4x8 and smaller subway tiles for the shower, but can't afford to do the whole shower. I am trying for an Asian/Bali theme; serene, spa-like, organic yet airy. I will post a photo of the cabinets shortly~
December 6, 2012 at 1:02am   
More Discussions
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Help me bring our dining room to life!
We recently started working on our dining room and...
Exterior color for our bland white brick house?
We're having a difficult time coming up with a color...
Tile on the diagonal or no?
Tiling our small condo and redoing our small kitchen...
Need help with empty wall cutout in foyer
Any ideas on what would be best to place there so that...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.