Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Mirror Help.... over console
svengoli123
December 5, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hello -

We recently purchased a mirrored console (60" wide) at Z gallerie, and need help with a mirror to go above it. So far, we have narrowed the mirrors down to two.
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-10682-reflection-wall-mirror-32-x-48.aspx (Like a lot)

or
http://www.homeclick.com/uttermost-14456-rembrandt-silver-mirror-in-lightly-antiqued-silver-leaf/p-517468.aspx?chnl=productads&ven=google&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=51746814456&gclid=CPf9w4HDg7QCFUWo4AodbmQAVQ (Like, but think it might be too big)

All advise is welcome. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
tennisanyone
I guess you like very contemporary? What is the table base? Take a picture into the room. This is where you will drop your keys and mail right because I assume that is your door? If I had to pick without knowing anything else, I would go with the first one.
December 5, 2012 at 9:47am   
svengoli123
Yes, we like contemporary, but not over the top pieves. We like comfotable contemporary (If that exists). The table has a dark wood base:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/halo-ebony-dining-table-with-48-glass-top/s466050

Also, yes that is my front door.
December 5, 2012 at 10:56am   
houssaon
Do you have to have a mirror? I think I'd like a large piece of art to compliment the mirror console. But this is attractive: Mirrored Console Table and Subtle Glamor.

I vote for one.
December 5, 2012 at 11:05am   
mpoulsom
I'm voting for the 2nd one! I remember this room! :)
December 5, 2012 at 11:24am   
tennisanyone
Exactly houssaon what I was going to suggest Lamps too. I guess you want to look at yourself before you open the door. I would.
December 5, 2012 at 11:49am   
svengoli123
We like the second one, but the size is almost idential to the total width of the table. We thought it might be too big for the space. Also, we bought 2 ottomans to go underneath, but we do not have them yet.
December 5, 2012 at 12:18pm   
PRO
Decadent Avenue
That wall is a great opportunity for an exciting accent. At 30" in diameter this sunburst mirror wil even allow for lamps if you decdie to add them at some point. Good luck with your space. We love the console!
December 5, 2012 at 12:34pm   
Aggie Purvinska
I am starting to agree that a round one will soften the space somewhat...and maybe a wooden frame. I know at first I was thinking a large mirrored rectangle as well...but having second thoughts..

[houzz=
]
December 5, 2012 at 12:50pm   
palmtreesandlemonade
What about an antiqued mirror? Might be fun to mix the shades so it's not so matchy.
December 5, 2012 at 1:08pm   
svengoli123
I will upload a more current image tonight.
December 5, 2012 at 1:13pm   
palmtreesandlemonade
BTW, that is a beautiful console!
December 5, 2012 at 1:30pm   
mpoulsom
Home Decorators Collection $229 Gilbert Mirror 36" and House Accents $284 Uttermost Sunburst Collection Cyrus 34"
2 other rounds to consider in the price range you were looking for...
December 5, 2012 at 1:36pm     
decoenthusiaste
Will the mirror reflect something beautiful or interesting? If not, opt for art. You need something to look at and enjoy - the reflection of such, or a picture of such.
December 5, 2012 at 1:44pm     
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Please, please, if you use a rectangular mirror, hang it vertically! It will visually increase your ceiling height and leave nice space on either side for lamps. I think that the two inspiration photos work well because the mirrors have interesting frames. The simplicity of the console can use a dose of interest in the mirror.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
December 5, 2012 at 7:03pm   
anniehaff
I really like the idea of a wood frame to complement the base of your table! Your flowers look great there, and I'm sure reflect downwards nicely on the mirrored piece. What color and type of fabric will your ottomans be?
December 5, 2012 at 7:12pm   
svengoli123
We went with the simple Z gall mirror. It was 20% off today! Also, see an updated pic. Thanks!
December 5, 2012 at 7:15pm   
svengoli123
We bought 2 upholstered cubes from Ballard Designs (Their feet are wood framed). The color is called Suzanne Kasler Linen Parchment.

Thanks for the nice comments.
December 5, 2012 at 7:19pm   
anniehaff
Those will look great. I like that your palette is neutral and you can add in color as you want - I think having fresh fruit and flowers in your room will always look very nice and seasonal too. I think moving some of the glass to the mirrored piece looks very nice and could see adding lighting there as well.
December 5, 2012 at 7:31pm   
bellandromeda
That is nice to see that you've got to solved your design dilemma but I agree that people here in houzz is so helpful when it comes to problems like this.
December 6, 2012 at 12:40am   
PRO
the essentials inside
I think that a nice mirror would solve your problem. I attached a link below from our store.
The mirror is from Uttermost. We offer free shipping and no sales tax.

if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Sue
www.essentialsinside.com

Gotham U Antiqued Silver Mirror by Uttermost, available at the essentials inside, www.essentialsinside.com

A unique wall mirror featuring an antique silver leaf finish frame with warm highlights resembling a burnished champagne finish. The inner liner of this wall mirror is satin black.

Features/Details:
Dimensions: 41 W X 41 H X 2 D (in)
Weight: 26 lbs
January 22, 2014 at 8:16pm