powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Very pretty! Is the shade behind the valance a bamboo shade?
quiltmom2
December 5, 2012 in Photo Questions
And what are the straps made of? They look the same as the shades. I love the pattern of the fabric. The colors in it coordinate so well with everything in the room.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Finishing Touches
Yes, the shade behind is a woven wood shade that goes up and down. The strap
s were made from a fabric that looked like the shade. Thank you for the kind comments!
December 5, 2012 at 5:06pm   
seawatcher
I live on the East Coast so I am not close enough to Denver to use your services. However, I would love to make this window treatment myself. Can you please give me the name of the two fabrics (valance and roman shade)? Thank you.
December 17, 2012 at 5:31pm   
PRO
Finishing Touches
I wish I could give you the names of the 2 products; however, when we moved from Tampa,FL to Denver CO I did not keep the files on all FL
clients. In addition, my lap top crashed when we got here, so I lost all my info. in Quickbooks. I think the woven shade came fro B and W Horizons. The fabric maybe came from Carole fabrics or RMCOCO fabrics.
December 18, 2012 at 4:14am   
rarando
December 18, 2012 at 4:45am   
PRO
Finishing Touches
It is a relaxed mock shade. The valence is stationary. It is a rectangle piece of fabric with 1.5" returns on side. The bottom is folded like an accordion and tacked behind the straps and on the returns to hold the pleats in place. The valence is mounted on a 1 x 2 wood board. I hope this helps.
December 18, 2012 at 5:29am     
PRO
Finishing Touches
Yes, the shade behind the valence is a functioning woven wood from Horizon Shades. I wanted the straps to look like the woven wood (thank you for noticing that detail!) , so I searched high and low for a solid fabric that had lots of texture like the shade.
As small as that detail is, it makes the treatment look complete!
August 16, 2013 at 4:55am     
PRO
McFeely Window Fashions
That is a VERY clever idea!
August 16, 2013 at 9:24am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.