Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with the floor planning distribution
Leticia Scheinkman
December 5, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Dear Designers,
I'm about to start building my dream house but before doing so I'm not sure about the sketch my designer prepared. As you can see the floor planning is in U shape (my request), but I'm not shure the distribution both in the first neither in the second floor are optimal. In front of the door I planned a glass wall with flooting stairs, do you think this would be nice? In the second floor I would like to separate the laundry room from the kids bathroom and I'm not confident about the master bedroom layout, any advice? I would like to build 200m semi dettached house in the yellow marked land, I must keep 4 meters from wach side (already including the road).
Thanks a lot!
Leticia
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Are you in "The Land," Letitia? Blessings for protection if you are. Not sure how well I can read the plan but will try and advise if I can.
1 Like   December 5, 2012 at 6:33PM
creativitiesdesign
I speak Hebrew and can look at your plan - it will be tomorrow before I can do it but will try! I am assuming you are in Israel and if so, are you near Tel Aviv? My cousins were visiting and showed me a website of a friend who is an architect - www.ilanadavid.com. They do incredible work and if you don't get what you need here perhaps you could work with them or at least have one consult with them.
1 Like   December 5, 2012 at 6:45PM
PRO
Dytecture
The floor plan is more I-shaped rather than U-shaped, which makes space planning really tough and there seems to be some wasted circulation especially the entry and 2nd level bedroom area.
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 7:45PM
Leticia Scheinkman
Hey Guys, Thank you for your cooperation. I'm afraid that I didn't choose the right guy for my project and maybe with your help this will work out!
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 10:51PM
Leticia Scheinkman
Would you recommend changing the floorplan to a l shaped one?
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 12:01PM
PRO
Custom Home Planning Center
On the existing plan: widening the entrance platform to the master on the bathroom side will give you an ability to move the entrance door further to the back and give you an alternaitive bed location for future funiture placement.
On general design: The "I" design and the "U" design maximize the amount of exterior wall and are therefore the most expensive. Here is a design that is "U" shaped. The advantage is the interior private courtyard created by the shape. It is a long narrow design were a guest cottage can be attached behind the garage. I've a current one that flips the plan and does the connecting Master bedroom/ master bath as a bridge with a dry stream-bed running under that section.
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 12:33PM