Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
help figuring out paint color for my mudroom
prusso
December 5, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My mudroom is directly "off" my kitchen and is very visible from the kitchen. Should we paint the room the same color as the kitchen (antique white) or is a different color recommended? Picture of mudroom and part of kitchen attached,
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nasmijati
If you want a cohesive look, paint the mud room the same as the kitchen.

If you want the mud room to have a color, perhaps paint the wall opposite the window in an accent color.
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 6:27PM
elklaker
What other colors do you have in adjoining rooms? Perhaps a slightly darker tone would set it off. More info would be helpful. Beautiful kitchen from the picture!
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 6:29PM
decoenthusiaste
I think you have an opportunity for a peek-a-boo pop of fun here with your favorite color! It's such a tiny space that a glipse of fun color would add interest and contrast to your white kitchen. Should be a great little conversation starter!

0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 6:29PM
suzlanuz
Oh, go ahead...step out of the box and add color to the mud room! What's your favorite color? What Is your accent color in your kitchen? Go for it!!
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 6:35PM
sil22
As much time as I spend in my utility room( mud room like) , I painted mine a Limey citrus color that I felt was fun! There's nothing more boring than painting everything the same. Show some personality... It's just paint and you only get a peek of it from kitchen.
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 6:38PM
prusso
The living room, which is attached the kitchen (like one big room) is also in antique white.
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 8:02PM
anniehaff
I think something bright for the mud room! It's a smaller space, so you can have fun with it and its not a huge deal to change it down the road. Have you thought about trying temporary wallpaper? There are some really cool prints and you wouldn't have to worry about investing in expensive wall paper for a room that is intended to be messy.
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 8:05PM
ichivivi20
If I were in your shoes, I'd paint it red. Not fire engine red; something deeper. As one commenter asked, what's your favorite color? Unless it's white, paint the mud room with it!
0 Likes   December 5, 2012 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
help decorating family room walls
have a fireplace in center of one wall with shuttered...
Best place to buy ceiling fans? And what color combo should I buy?
We just had the entire first floor of our basic colonial-style...
How Do I Update My Bedroom?
Hey! So, where I live, it is going into summer, and...
Kitchen help
Just closed and have 1 month to complete multiple projects.(sand...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.