powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Any tips? What to do for a splashback tiles..
gillysav
December 6, 2012 in Design Dilemma
This is a 160 year old cottage in UK which we are doing a complete renovation on. I'm trying to make the kitchen a mixture of modern and traditional. Light, airy and fresh. The cupboards are light cream gloss and the flooring is shown in the photo as a warm oak but not a strong shade. Any suggestions thankfully received!
One of my ideas is to go with a soft, pale duck-egg blue...
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
Hi Gillysav, here are a few to consider, they are from Daltile and the colours should integrate nicely into your colour scheme. I really tike the St. Moritz
3 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 1:39PM
PRO
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
The San Moritz showed up twice for some reason, guess I goofed. The solids you buy individually and put your pattern together - see subway below as well
2 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 1:41PM
gillysav
Perfect! Thanks. Your suggestions are great!
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 2:44PM
nevadan
Us small glass tiles, all of one colour. For a house built in the 19th Century, I would prefer a colour tht was in use then. Look at your Wm. Morris planbooks. I think you will see a soft warm green-gold that goes well with food.
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 4:09PM
PRO
Muratore Construction + Design
Sheets of back painted glass are great because it add a modern touch and less maintenance with no grout. You can pick any paint color and glazer can back paint it the glass. Ask for quote on starfire( no green tint), but typically more expensive.
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 4:15PM
victorianbungalowranch
I've seen this done on the British home improvement shows, but hasn't made it to the US yet very much. What do you use to adhear it?
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 4:39PM
PRO
Muratore Construction + Design
The glazing contractor uses an adhesive to a waterproof sub straight. In the US we call it green board....
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 4:41PM
Natalie
Hi---something to pull your color scheme together and balance cool and warm tones. Your cabinets are almond and floors natural oak so blue tile will show green and your cabinets will look yellow... Good Luck!
[houzz=
]
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 4:23AM
PRO
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi gillysav!
I think your idea of doing a pale blue would be really beautiful with the colors and surfaces you've already chosen! The mosaic below was made on our tile designer, and features a light robins egg blue tile, and a clear white tile with an iridescent finish. The layout is pretty traditional, but the colors and finishes of the tile make it more modern.
0 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 7:32AM
PRO
Space & Place Interiors
I think these Tabarka tiles would be beautiful--they have a bit of texture and patina that would lend a touch of history to this new kitchen. That touch would relate to the age of the home, yet they are still very modern and fresh. http://www.missionstonetile.com/products/17-Tabarka/tabarka-fan-shape
4 Likes   December 7, 2012 at 8:13AM
gillysav
Many thanks for all your advice!
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 2:33AM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.