Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Ideas for small galley kitchen?
Paige Galfano
December 7, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Looking for a way to open up this galley kitchen 8x10. Ideas?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Why not extend it into the dining room and open the living room wall of it? Would put a galley sink under the window and a dining bar on the kitchen side.
Undermount Galley Sink 1
Undermount Galley Sink 2
December 7, 2012 at 10:46am     
mpoulsom
I would think about moving the sink/countertop to the wall against the bathroom wall and open up that wall towards the living area. You could then add a bar island where the sink used to be and out a little. Keeping each side open off the island so that you could walk thru from both sides!
December 7, 2012 at 11:49am     
charleee
The only thing I would move is the dining space. I would move it to between the living room and the kitchen sink. And then in the old dining room I would fill it with pantrys.
December 7, 2012 at 11:58am     
mmilos
Depends on budget and how open you want your kitchen/living space to be, but you could have your kitchen extend all the way across the back wall to include your current dining space. Open up the wall to your living room and put in a large island with a bar counter for casual dining.
December 7, 2012 at 12:11pm     
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with expanding into the dining room area and have the kitchen island function as dining table as well.

December 7, 2012 at 4:04pm     
More Discussions
Mirrored Closet Doors
To do or not to do? Are they an outdated look of the...
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
Need help for 9m high wall
I have an entrance hall approx 3.8m x 3.8m and a massively...
Best Iron?
I find myself AGAIN in need of a new iron after dropping...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.