Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Should I add adornment to new hood?
Mary Grant Justin
December 8, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Hi, just got my hood installed. I'm thinking it may need some scrolling on each side. I'm going to have a Tuscany vineyard mural under it so I'm not sure if I should wait to see if the hood needs anything after mural is installed. Any thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feeny
It's lovely now. I wouldn't tinker.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 3:54AM
charleee
When in doubt, leave it out. I like it just the way it is !!!
1 Like   December 8, 2012 at 4:20AM
dcer
I would definitely leave it as is. Nice hood!
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 6:19AM
olldcan
Absolutely not, it's nice just how it is.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:16AM
Dar Eckert
It will get too busy if you add more to the hood. Don't be afraid of a little open space. It gives the eyes a place to rest.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:40AM
maureenindk
Leave it alone--it is beautiful.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:50AM
PRO
ct design studio
Nope! Beautiful in it's simplicity.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:54AM
michigammemom
You wouldn't want the range hood to compete for attention with your Tuscan tile mural. I think scroll work would be overkill.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:56AM
PRO
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
I agree with everyone above. It's lovely
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 12:18PM
Mary Grant Justin
Thank you everyone for your input. You all are 100% unanimous. The hood will stay as is.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 7:57PM
lefty47
HI -- For sure the hood is great the way it is ! The trouble with doing a" theme "like "Tuscan" is people get carried away and then it starts to look over done and cluttered.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 8:50PM
PRO
Ralston Decorating Group
I have done a lot of Italian Villas and French Chateaus, wanted to ask you, someone is painting a mural above your stove? Is it tile? Now, the pure white will create too much of a contrast and it is not very rustic nor italian. What I would do, would be a very soft dry brushing glaze on the hood using a beige background and a dark brown glaze, which will only be visible on the creases on the wood. What does your back splash look like?? You want the mural to be part of the kitchen, not the kitchen, if you know what I mean, less is more, for sure, yet, if you can marry the hood with the mural, your kitchen will look more cohesive and beautiful. Hope it helps.
2 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 9:17PM
alwaysdesigning
I think it will get too busy and the wall and hood will be competing for attention. Decide which you want to focus on and make that your busy one. Too much busy confuses the eye. Good luck
1 Like   December 8, 2012 at 9:23PM
kathleen MK
do nothing until the mural is set. then glaze as suggested to tie the two together. If you really think it still looks bare you can hang plates, copper molds or other kitchen accents.
0 Likes   December 8, 2012 at 10:40PM
Mary Grant Justin
The mural will be on tumbled travertine. I will attach a pictur if I can. The hood already has some glazing but they put it just in the creases so I've asked them to do a little more feathering out (not sure if that is the proper terminology for that). The mural size is 28 W X 20 H. My kitchen island will be a darker wood that will match the glazing on the cream colored cabinets. Granite on counter tops and island is called sienna Bordeaux. (I'll try to attach pictures of this too). I'm going for a French/tuscany country type theme. So holding off doing anything else with the hood as you all have suggested sounds like the right way to go.
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 2:24AM
PRO
Aesthetic Tile Imaging
Since your mural is tumbled travertine, I suspect that the image is dye sublimation or another low heat transfer process. In my opinion, the finish is not really durable for installing behind a cook-top. If you need to clean grease spatter, you may very well damage the mural. Kiln-fired tile will not have this problem. If you're going to the expense of installing art in the kitchen, why not consider the more durable option? Please have a look at my Houzz profile page to learn more.
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Pencil Trim or not?
Help! I am very confused. I thought a pencil trim will...
need help with teen lamp
i have a beaded flush mount in my teen daughters room...
Sunken Fireplace
Purchased a home with a sunken room/fireplace. Thinking...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Backsplash Help!
Hello there, Our kitchen remodeling has finally...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.