powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What color should I paint my bedroom walls?
bridget1312
December 8, 2012 in Design Dilemma
What color should I paint my walls? This is my comforter set I am working off. My bed is a dark walnut brown
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Shannon Kirby Interiors
What pretty bedding! Depending on what you want your room to feel like I would either go with the lightest color of the blue to make the room airy and expand the space or the darkest blue like the sheets to make the walls recede and be dramatic.
It would help to know what the flooring color is and how many windows and their direction. If the room faces north I wouldn't use the darkest blue, too cold.
December 8, 2012 at 5:00pm     
bridget1312
Thank you! My first "nice" bedding set. LOVE IT! The floor is a light brown, kind of a natural brown, but the yellow brown kind, not that darker light brown. There are 2 windows, one facing east and one south
December 8, 2012 at 5:06pm   
houssaon
Make sure you use a matte finish, which is washable. The color is truer. It doesn't reflect light or show wall imperfections.

How about the palest of lavender? Spring Lilac 1388 Paint, Slip AF-605 Paint or Beach Plum 2072-60 Paint. More color: Iris Bliss 1383 Paint.
December 8, 2012 at 5:07pm   
PRO
Shannon Kirby Interiors
I have used BM Whisper Violet 2070-70 and BM White Satin 2067-70 (bluish) and love their softness.
December 8, 2012 at 5:39pm   
PRO
Khrome Studios
Do you have the Benjamin Moore Color match app? One idea is to scan the blue and step it up 20-35% for a soft back drop and then do some shears in a stripe or ombre print of two of the colors on your linens and add another complimentary to make it pop. Are these the CK Curator Collection pieces? If so, I can get his suggestions from a package they gave me to work the wall. Let me know. K
December 9, 2012 at 6:09pm     
PRO
Khrome Studios
Like the below!
December 9, 2012 at 6:47pm   
Natalie
Deep Purple---blue/purple/gray hue---Darker than the bedding... Check colors SW 6544 Mesmerize, SW 6551 Purple Passage, SW 6264 Midnight, and SW 7089 Stunning Shade. One of those will work for you---pick up the paint chips and see how they look with your bedding and wood tones. Good Luck! Pics for inspiration-(note darker walls than bedding)...

[houzz=Marylebone Apartment - London][houzz=#53 - Owner - Los Altos][houzz=Traditional Living Room]
December 9, 2012 at 6:47pm   
khiarika
Pale yellow, ambrosia (pinkish orange), or a taupe. Or lavender if you want the room to blend. I prefer nice cool contrasts personally
December 9, 2012 at 6:52pm   
xxx_katie_xxx
I think a really light violet, or even a tan might look nice with that!
December 9, 2012 at 6:55pm     
michigammemom
I would be inclined to select a paint color that approximates the subtle leaf pattern on your Calvin Klein bedding.
December 9, 2012 at 7:00pm     
bridget1312
Khrome, it is a CK Kent Collection set... O and I don't have any apps, I'll look in to it :)
December 10, 2012 at 9:18am   
nomadkath
benjamin moore 'angel's wings'
December 10, 2012 at 9:53am   
PRO
Khrome Studios
I just got this, I will send you his recommendation (well, his design staff) in the morning!
December 10, 2012 at 5:59pm   
PRO
Khrome Studios
My proposal is impossible to find. So sorry, but these are pretty close
December 17, 2012 at 1:58am   
bridget1312
Thank you!!!
January 11, 2013 at 10:04am   
More Discussions
Yay or Nay
I know this may be a matter of preference, but if this...
Country with a dark long winter (Iceland) - Paint color?
My family just bought our first home. I'm a little...
Is it much too red?
I wanted red and pink to be the main color of our place. I...
New flooring
Thanks to the March ice storm, we are getting to update...
Need help for sofa colors
I am interested in http://www.ekornes.com/us/stressless-sofas/stressless-buckingham-highback/2-seater...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.