Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help needed for selecting darker granite countertop to match cabinets
violetrk
December 8, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Need help designing my kitchen - I have selected andover maple nutmeg cabinets and tropical brown for the granite. I am not sure if these two go together. But I want a darker granite as I cook daily and want a granite that can handle all the messes and does not know stains. Can I get a few suggestions? I can't go for an upgrade in the cabinets. So my cabinet choice is done - but have a choice for granite.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Natalie
Hi---if you like dark then go for it! I think something with a bit of movement would be stunning and enhance the cabinetry. Pics for counter inspiration as well as floor... Good Luck!
[houzz=Riverwashed Cyclone Granite countertop in a Tuscan Kitchen][houzz=Tuscan Kitchen]
December 8, 2012 at 10:59pm     
Natalie
Hi---yes you could go with the granite you posted as long as you incorporate that color, the butterscotch, and some of the cab hue in your backsplash. Pics for inspiration. Good Luck!
[houzz=Contemporary Kitchen Tile][houzz=Glass & Stone Mosaic on Sale][houzz=LEATHER BOOT BROWN BLEND BRICK PATTERN 1/2" X 2" MARBLE & GLASS TILE BRICK]
December 8, 2012 at 11:35pm     
Natalie
The Giallo and Lapidus could work as well...
December 8, 2012 at 11:41pm   
More Discussions
We messed up the kitchen/dining room..:( Help!!
We had wood paneling initially and painted it white...the...
12-14" Wall Clock - industrial look
We are looking to a 12-14" wall clock for our redesigned...
Picking out backsplash today! Question!
Should I go cream glass subway or a cream travertine?...
What to do with this space?
New office space in need of some help. Any midcentury/eclectic...
The room just doesn't feel cozy. Help please
We are in the process of looking for new family room...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.