powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I am in need of suggestions for decking.
emcbh
December 9, 2012 in Before & After
We have just had a basement and this three season room built and now need to tye it in to the rest of the house and surround. We've already built two access decks 4 X 4 to have a porch to walk onto before going down onto a deck or stairs
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
houssaon
Are you looking for a design or a recommendation for material?
0 Likes   December 14, 2012 at 7:22PM
emcbh
Looking for a design. The contractor we hired is finished his scope of work and we're interested in getting some ideas to complete access, decking and landscaping as we will need to add more backfill for a better grade.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 4:59AM
PRO
Dytecture
Here is one example of a wrap around deck which would be a nice finishing touch to the exterior.

0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 5:44AM
emcbh
Thanks, we have an exit door off the three season room on either side. My concern is the amount of stairs to access the entrance doors. I was hoping to find a more tiered decking to alleviate the one run staircase. Unfortunately we hadn't thought about a walkout for the basement it would have been a very smart move for us. Hindsight 20/20! I aws thinking 4/5 stairs a landing area or deck level then proceed to the doors and entrances.
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 5:56AM
cyn222
Love the cottage charm you can create with this home. Here's a small garden idea. Fill in with some perennials, small decorative grasses or other things to raise levels and create interest.
1 Like   December 15, 2012 at 6:42PM
houssaon
This is an interesting tiered deck with a landing to a lower deck: Riverwest Project. This leaves room for an opening to the lower level, if you build a well with steps up from basement.

One other example: Porch with views to the river I really like how they painted the railings. Upper and lower deck: Deck

Classic two run steps: Rear view of the homes screened porch and deck from the backyard. Three runs: Farinelli Construction Inc
0 Likes   December 15, 2012 at 7:09PM
PRO
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Love what you are doing with your home and it looks like you have many suggestions - please let us see the outcome!
0 Likes   December 18, 2012 at 10:59AM
PRO
Outdoor Living Today
What a project...looks fantastic already....I would love to see a stone patio with a Cedar Pergola Kit ..something to look at from the window as well as a destination point for family and friends to gather http://www.outdoorlivingtoday.com/oltss/storefront/products.php?category=pergolas
0 Likes   December 18, 2012 at 3:02PM