Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
White ceramic elephant
anniehaff
December 9, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I have a white ceramic elephant that I'd like to use as a planter. Has anyone done this? If so, what did you find worked well?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
Can you give us a photo or description of the elephant? Does it have an opening to insert plants? Not clear on what the elephant looks like?
December 11, 2012 at 7:08AM   
anniehaff
That would be helpful! It is the one from Z Gallerie (attached), so does have an open space at the top. I was thinking stones with a succulent on top.
December 11, 2012 at 7:29AM   
charleee
Awww! He's so cute! Have you named him? I like the idea of succulents, too, maybe an aloe vera?
December 11, 2012 at 8:48AM     
anniehaff
Thanks! I should name him, you're right :) I'm working on arranging my dining room and adding some accessories and I thought he would be great there. I'm hoping to find a bright ceramic garden stool for next to him...slowly but surely...
December 11, 2012 at 8:57AM     
judianna20
If you live in New Jersey, name her "LUCY".
December 11, 2012 at 9:05AM   
charleee
Lucy? Not Sandy?
December 11, 2012 at 9:22AM   
anniehaff
I'm in Chicago, but Lucy is a good elephant name either way :) If you look in my discussions, I posted about my dining room - and that is where he/she will be going. I moved my console/tall buffet over a bit to off-center so that the proportions are better. I am on the hunt for accessories to complete the wall but I now just have one lamp, which is much better and I'm hoping to have everything by the time January rolls around and I remove xmas decorations! If you have any thoughts, would love them :)
December 11, 2012 at 10:07AM   
anniehaff
Here's the link to that discussion if anyone is so inspired! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/264586/How-should-I-finish-my-dining-room-
December 11, 2012 at 10:10AM   
More Discussions
Need advice on area rugs for living room/window covering for bay win.
What are suggestions for a patterned area rug with...
Need some color help...I'm horrible at this.
We recently moved into an old 1890's farmhouse. The...
Family heirloom ,can this go in my dining room
I have a new house and right now this is sitting in...
Need help on home office
Hi, I have two options for a home office either in...
Please Help!!! Stain or Paint Kitchen Cabinets?
Please help! I moved into my boyfriend's house about...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.