Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Very pretty
Lucy
December 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
Want to confirm whether this floor is Grade 1- Select & Better Maple water base? I am pretty set on it for the kitchen area.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Knight Associates
This flooring was a special lot from Firebird Industries. Unfortunately, I can't find reliable contact info on the web for them (perhaps they are now out of business?). This was a 5" birdseye maple floor, custom milled. You could get a similar look with select, though this floor has some darker pieces in it, but not dark streaks you sometimes see with maple. I would suggest you get some representative pictures from the flooring manufacturer that will show a large area of the flooring so you can judge how it would look (as opposed to just looking at sample boards in a showroom). Good luck with your project!
1 Like   December 10, 2012 at 6:04AM
Lucy
Thanks you so much for all your help. Went to the mill, they had a large section installed samples of rustic maple, character maple and hickory in both. was most helpful.
0 Likes   December 14, 2012 at 8:58AM
PRO
Knight Associates
Glad you were able to see some larger samples- that always helps.
0 Likes   December 17, 2012 at 6:55AM
More Discussions
Can I use this in our dining room?
I just bought this mirror and was hoping to use it...
Need ideas to refresh exterior of this rental
Red brick... Keep trim white? Any other ideas to update...
Empty wall
Looking for a creative way to fill this wall space....
Hardwood Flooring options
Hardwood Flooring Options http://geretyrestoration.com/hardwood-flooring-options/...
Tall walls! What to do
Just had walls painted in sw front porch. I have a...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.