Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Very pretty
Lucy
December 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
Want to confirm whether this floor is Grade 1- Select & Better Maple water base? I am pretty set on it for the kitchen area.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Knight Associates
This flooring was a special lot from Firebird Industries. Unfortunately, I can't find reliable contact info on the web for them (perhaps they are now out of business?). This was a 5" birdseye maple floor, custom milled. You could get a similar look with select, though this floor has some darker pieces in it, but not dark streaks you sometimes see with maple. I would suggest you get some representative pictures from the flooring manufacturer that will show a large area of the flooring so you can judge how it would look (as opposed to just looking at sample boards in a showroom). Good luck with your project!
December 10, 2012 at 6:04am     
Lucy
Thanks you so much for all your help. Went to the mill, they had a large section installed samples of rustic maple, character maple and hickory in both. was most helpful.
December 14, 2012 at 8:58am   
PRO
Knight Associates
Glad you were able to see some larger samples- that always helps.
December 17, 2012 at 6:55am   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.