Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Master Bedroom Arrangement
takemethere
December 10, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Ok houzzers ...
Open to any and all suggestions. This room is bare bones. From left to right is a counter clockwise circle of it. How should I arrange the furniture? I'm bored with where it currently is, Id like the head under the window but I have no idea how to then dress the window. (Headboard or no headboard? Curtains or no curtains?) The far wall with the long dresser on it was painted the contrast wall so ideally I'd like the bed there but not sure. I love the idea of a sitting area too. For now the furniture has to stay, so I can't explore alternative just yet w our budget. Also, the walls are a light gray, contrasting wall being charcoal. What color drapes if any should I go with? House is cottage, traditional.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Colors are good. I would have painted the wall you see when you enter the darker color and put the bed there, across from the dresser. Put a bench under the window for your seating area.
December 10, 2012 at 10:27AM     
takemethere
Yea I would've too. At the time we were property virgins so I had no idea. Until we decide to repaint...
December 10, 2012 at 10:30AM   
TanCalGal
I like the accent wall at the top of the bed, I'd place top of bed there + I like to look at window from bed rather than have window over head. Upholstered headboards are popular toady. I'd buy one that was tall & imposing to make a statement in the room. Off white or white to repeat the furniture knobs + trim, tall fat silver lamps + white shades. Photo W Downtown Atlanta

Simple window shades in off white might be enough for window treatments Pulp Design Studios

How large is this room? Is there room for a sitting area? What do you have in mind?
December 12, 2012 at 10:33AM     
PRO
Budget Blinds
White bedding and gray drapes will bring it all together.
December 12, 2012 at 10:48PM